Turn on thread page Beta

how do you tell a teacher they're crap watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    dramas different its mainly improvisation and talent put across naturally
    Chemistry is totally fact over fact how is drama like this?
    i apologise for my pretentiosness. but in my defense,theres still scriptwriting,theories,formulaes ,essays required...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polanski's Pal)
    i apologise for my pretentiosness. but in my defense,theres still scriptwriting,theories,formulaes ,essays required...
    i see your point, but i know but maths can be really hard to learn by yourself-sometimes things just need to be explained before you have a clue.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polanski's Pal)
    yes but at a different level altogether

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i see your point, but i know but maths can be really hard to learn by yourself-sometimes things just need to be explained before you have a clue.

lou xxx
    whereas drama you can ******** your way to the top, and stay there wuite happily for years! (this is not a reference to yours truly. honest. :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    whereas drama you can ******** your way to the top, and stay there wuite happily for years! (this is not a reference to yours truly. honest. :rolleyes: )
    totaly agree

ReputationRep:
    count urselfs luckey. in my first year of a computer course we had a teacher that knew NOTHING about what he was teaching us, which was Presenting Information.

He also took us for Key Skills and told us we needed to do a Key Skills ICT, when we are on a ICT course.

we just complained to our tutor and we haven't had him since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    count urselfs luckey. in my first year of a computer course we had a teacher that knew NOTHING about what he was teaching us, which was Presenting Information.

He also took us for Key Skills and told us we needed to do a Key Skills ICT, when we are on a ICT course.

we just complained to our tutor and we haven't had him since.
    we've got an it teacher just like that, she knows absolutely nothing about IT plus she spends half the lesson jabbering on and she always says the same things at the start of every lesson!

ReputationRep:
    the only thing we learned from our teacher, is not to put too much white space in a business card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    the only thing we learned from our teacher, is not to put too much white space in a business card.
    well we basically teach the teacher!

ReputationRep:
    we did that with another teacher. we had one that was suppose to teach us graphics, but we ended up showing him how to work Paint Shop Pro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    I've been doing chemistry AS since september and do 3 AS levels because i had to drop one i dropped psychology.The proplem I have in chemistry is that the teacher is always in and out of lession tells use to copy out of books does'nt explain things although he has now started to because he had not explained through out the begining he now makes no sence.I have had quite alot of fridays lessons of so if i actually complained he could argue that is why but I have asked peeps on the fri have I missed anything they always say no we just coppied this out of page what ever.THIS IS NOT TEACHING.I've asked if anyone has the same views but everyone says they're fine with him.although i have seen peeps test results are low I think the majority of them are ashamed to admit they're not doing so well because they have come from school with a's.I think they think that doing alot of cramming will help.

SO HOW DO I TELL MY CHEM TEACHER HE'S CRAP?
    Well don't do what I did and tell him he is crap in front of the class. He'll take it personally and probably hate you for a while. Speak to him on his own and perhaps suggest some ways in which he can improve his teaching style.

ReputationRep:
    complain to your head of year or head of department or go to the teacher privately and say "i dont feel we are covering enough in lesson" or to that ilk.

ReputationRep:
    The Head and senior management team soon suss out which teachers' are failing in their job from the data they keep on pupil tracking and results. They know where the weak links are and should act on those weaknesses.
    Apart from that, you can inform your student council members who can take it on on your behalf.
    Governors are responsible for raising students standards and ultimately, teaching standards (altho' day to day managemnet is Head's responsibility.)
    Use the correct procedures, don't get aggressive - get assertive. It's you future after all!

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar experience with one of my teachers. Try and use an opportunity to talk with him alone so he doesn't feel embarassed in front of the rest of the class and ask if you can be frank and say that you dont want to be rude. Then voice your complaints. At least then you've been kind enough to ask him directly before going through his superiors. If nothing changes then you should talk to his superiors.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Well don't do what I did and tell him he is crap in front of the class. He'll take it personally and probably hate you for a while. Speak to him on his own and perhaps suggest some ways in which he can improve his teaching style.
    Well at the being of the year I mentioned to my teacher that i have difficulty understanding things through just handouts and I have special needs so If you were a teacher you'de take that in to account wouldnt you,not mine. today one of the teachers ive told must of said sommat to him because I've got my mocks next week also he said today "if any one has any probs revising come to me I'll sort it,then said nasty"but I'll not help you with moles or molarity that defeats the 19 weeks ive been teaching you you should all know how to do them so no excuses.
    Today hes also gone through intermolecular forces and van der waals forces he tryed showing us by making the whole class move around tables to westerncountry music.I still dont get it?????????????????????
    He just does my nut in

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 25, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.