The computer.
Reply 2
That could be called as unique too.

Zain
Reply 3
What about electricity?

Zain
Reply 4
Surely, that would be the Universe itself. oooh being a pedant is so satisfying.
Reply 5
Apart from universe, earth, big bang and the other stuff. I am talking about inventions by Humans

Zain
A stamp for stamping eggs as they come out of the chicken's bum (attached to the chicken's bum, ow)

A device to replace car tyres with blocks of ice (vehicle travels by sliding on these blocks as they melt)

A wire shoulder mount for a ladies' mirror

These and many more were all patented too, read about it in a book called Useless Inventions (I think)
Reply 7
The 2nd invention was funny. The ice one.

No seriously what do you think?

Zain
Reply 8
Capitalism
Reply 9
Really?

Zain
I think asking what the most 'unique' invention is is wrong. You cannot have 'most unique', and all inventions with a patent are unique, maybe you mean useful? best? ingenious?

Also, things like electricity are not inventions, you discover electricity.
Reply 11
Golden Maverick
I think asking what the most 'unique' invention is is wrong. You cannot have 'most unique', and all inventions with a patent are unique, maybe you mean useful? best? ingenious?

Also, things like electricity are not inventions, you discover electricity.

I am talking about the invention which is different from all and has helped us in an entirely different way.

Zain
Reply 12
Agha Zain
Really?

Zain

Yes. They teach you in yr9 that the Industrial Revolution made Europe and Britain especially the predominant power in the world. However they forget that the Industrial Revolution would not have happened without Capitalism and free trade.
Y'know, I'm pretty sure a gun does involve the use of energy. I think the laws of thermodynamics would have a few complaints about a gun that could just propel chunks of matter through the air without any energy being involved in the process.
Reply 14
We were trying to kill each other long before guns..

I nominate the knife :smile:
Reply 15
pradster
We were trying to kill each other long before guns..

I nominate the knife :smile:

I'm sure that rocks and sharp-ish sticks are good for that too..
Guns use chemical energy in the gunpowwder and kinetic energy from the trigger, to create imense kinetic energy to fire the bullet. Nothing can be done without energy of some sort, thats physically impossible.
Reply 17
Opposable thumbs - they enabled us to use tools.
Reply 18
Nuclear power.
the wheel - it's unique as it has to be circular.

Latest

Trending

Trending