Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had never considered the possibility of such a phenomenon. Why would some employers do this?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they don't feel that an oxbridge graduate will fit into their team if they have no similar-type people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Maybe they don't feel that an oxbridge graduate will fit into their team if they have no similar-type people...
    Or possibly have an inferiority complex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Empedocles)
    I had never considered the possibility of such a phenomenon. Why would some employers do this?
    Never heard of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Empedocles)
    Or possibly have an inferiority complex?
    Not really, if they feel that an oxbridge graduate wouldn't be suited to their team, that's they're call. Whether they're right or wrong is debatable, but I can understand why a few people may employ anti-oxbridge bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Never heard of it
    See Hildabeast on prospect of teacher-training:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t14720-4.html

ReputationRep:
    hmmm..

ReputationRep:
    Nahhh....Ive never heard of anything like this, ever, well, aside from speculation. Oxbridge people are generally favoured (although nowhere near as much as some people think). You will be rejected if you have poor marks, and some companies seem to want people from vocational courses such as Management, Accounting, Finance and the like; so that could lead to a bias (even though a limited range of such courses do exist at Oxbridge).

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.