This discussion is closed.
Empedocles
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I had never considered the possibility of such a phenomenon. Why would some employers do this?
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Maybe they don't feel that an oxbridge graduate will fit into their team if they have no similar-type people...
Empedocles
(Original post by theone)
Maybe they don't feel that an oxbridge graduate will fit into their team if they have no similar-type people...
Or possibly have an inferiority complex?
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Empedocles)
I had never considered the possibility of such a phenomenon. Why would some employers do this?
Never heard of it
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Empedocles)
Or possibly have an inferiority complex?
Not really, if they feel that an oxbridge graduate wouldn't be suited to their team, that's they're call. Whether they're right or wrong is debatable, but I can understand why a few people may employ anti-oxbridge bias.
Empedocles
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Never heard of it
See Hildabeast on prospect of teacher-training:
http://www.uk-learning.net/t14720-4.html
FurbyMaX
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
hmmm..
J.S.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Nahhh....Ive never heard of anything like this, ever, well, aside from speculation. Oxbridge people are generally favoured (although nowhere near as much as some people think). You will be rejected if you have poor marks, and some companies seem to want people from vocational courses such as Management, Accounting, Finance and the like; so that could lead to a bias (even though a limited range of such courses do exist at Oxbridge).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (502)
51.12%
No (480)
48.88%

Watched Threads