Turn on thread page Beta

AS Predicted Grades - A Total Shocker! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    My mother is not speaking to for a different reason and its been almost a week since she spoke to me last! My dad is cool with my report because he understands I'm working very very hard.
    Estimated grades are commonly set at the bare minimum you can achieve because it then appears that the teaching is really good if you do better than the estimated grades. If they're using ALIS grades then they are not particularly trustworthy as you may perform very differently to the "average" pupil who got your GCSE grades. It's really only the A2 estimated grades and the AS grades you get that matter when applying to uni, as the actual grade is far more important than an estimate given beforehand!

So try not to worry too much about it. I know loads of people who well outperformed their ALIS extimated grades by a level in each subject at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    AABBC.
    I would love to have seen their faces if you had got DEEUU

ReputationRep:
    giving predicted grades for AS this early is stupid, they probably base them on class tests for which no one revises, I know last year people in maths were getting Es & Us for a practice methods paper, then got A or B in the real thing (most ppl lol), based the two class tests we'd done by Nov I would have been predicted EE in maths & physics, I ended up with AA (not bragging, just making a point ), so any prediction that early would have been a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I want to apply to Cardiff which according to my Music Teacher usually means A (in Music)BB.

The worse was I had a predicted grade of D in French which was one of best subjects at GCSE.
    calm down, i know it's horrible (and it obviously makes it harder if you and your mum aren't talking). if you know you can do better than that, do it. show them all that they're wrong. it doesn't matter what you're predicted AS grades are, it's what you get in the end that matters. by the time you apply to cardiff etc. you will have done the exams and they will be using your predicted A level grades which are always equal to or higher than your AS results.

so just keep working hard and do your best.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    oh, stop being such a tit.
    YES I KNOW, I AM SURE ADHSUR WAS DELIGHTED WITH HER AS GRADES.

A GIRL LIKE ADSHUR IS VERY INTELLIGENT, AND SHE SHOULD GET STRAIGHT A'S AT A2 NEVER MIND AS LEVEL.

ASK HER YOURSELF. SHE SHOULD BE AIMING FOR THE EBST COZ SHE IS GOOD ENOUGH.

AIM HIGH, WORK HARD TO REACH YOUR GOAL, YOU WILL INEVITABLY ACHIEVE HIGH.

AIM FOR THE MINIMUM, DO TEH MINIMUM, YOU WILL ACHIEVE THE MINIMUM IF THAT.

ADSHUR IS EASILY CAPABLE OF STRAIGHT A'S AT A2, NEVER MIND AS.

HENCE SHE WAS CRYING WHEN SHE GOT HER RESULTS BACK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i guess your parents wouldnt want to see your truly bad spelling mr llama
    hahaha.

my parents are cool though, really don't pressure me. not sure oxford will/would be impressed by my spelling, though.

ReputationRep:
    Relax if you are so amazingly intelligent try taking off the caps lock!

ReputationRep:
    hahaha.

my parents are cool though, really don't pressure me. not sure oxford will/would be impressed by my spelling, though.
    lol i was only jk your spellings fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAX)
    WHY DID YOU GET THOSE GRADES?

YOU GOT EVEN MORE THAN ME AT GCSE, YET I AM GOING TO GET STRAIGHT A'S AT AS LEVEL.

SO HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO SO BADLY?

YOU WONT HAVE A BAT IN HELL'S CHANCE OF CAMBRIDGE WITH GRADES LIKE THAT. SORRY.
    You think? If you care to have a look at http://oa.waveflex.com/
    you'll see that loads of people get in with those type of grades at AS. It's your natural ability in the subject that you're interested in more than the grades, especially if you only miss a grade by one or two marks (as they get to see your marks).

As your name says, "relax" and stop using caps lock! What grades did you get btw Relax?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAX)
    YES I KNOW, I AM SURE ADHSUR WAS DELIGHTED WITH HER AS GRADES.

A GIRL LIKE ADSHUR IS VERY INTELLIGENT, AND SHE SHOULD GET STRAIGHT A'S AT A2 NEVER MIND AS LEVEL.

ASK HER YOURSELF. SHE SHOULD BE AIMING FOR THE EBST COZ SHE IS GOOD ENOUGH.

AIM HIGH, WORK HARD TO REACH YOUR GOAL, YOU WILL INEVITABLY ACHIEVE HIGH.

AIM FOR THE MINIMUM, DO TEH MINIMUM, YOU WILL ACHIEVE THE MINIMUM IF THAT.

ADSHUR IS EASILY CAPABLE OF STRAIGHT A'S AT A2, NEVER MIND AS.

HENCE SHE WAS CRYING WHEN SHE GOT HER RESULTS BACK.
    OK, how about a three stage rehabilitation plan.

1) Hit CAPS LOCK once, hence stopping you shouting every time you post.
    2) Stop posting drivel.
    3) In fact, stop posting at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    You think? If you care to have a look at http://oa.waveflex.com/
    you'll see that loads of people get in with those type of grades at AS. It's your natural ability in the subject that you're interested in more than the grades, especially if you only miss a grade by one or two marks (as they get to see your marks).

As your name says, "relax" and stop using caps lock! What grades did you get btw Relax?
    sorry, no problem mate.

fair enough if its AAAAB, but if its AABBC then surely there are many applciants that will be at more of an advantage than adshur.

i dont think u realsie that adshur should have got straight A's at AS Level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lol i was only jk your spellings fine
    No, really, it isn't, lol. ieSpell just makes you think it is..

ReputationRep:

2) Stop posting drivel.
    drivel?

everything i said in that post made sense.

just bcoz losers like you settle for anything thats not disgraceful, doesnt mean that the clever people should.

there is nothing wrong with striving to get the ebst grades, go to the best university, and being the best.

its called setting yourself high targets which will inevitably lead to success if you do your utmost to achieve the goals.

it mkes complete sense and it gives you confidence.

settling for an MTG is not a good ethos.

and by the way, why dont you actually get some decent grades and apply to a decent uni or something, instead of pretending to ahve a clue about anything when clearly you dont?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAX)
    drivel?

everything i said in that post made sense.

just bcoz losers like you settle for anything thats not disgraceful, doesnt mean that the clever people should.

there is nothing wrong with striving to get the ebst grades, go to the best university, and being the best.

its called setting yourself high targets which will inevitably lead to success if you do your utmost to achieve the goals.

it mkes complete sense and it gives you confidence.

settling for an MTG is not a good ethos.

and by the way, why dont you actually get some decent grades and apply to a decent uni or something, instead of pretending to ahve a clue about anything when clearly you dont?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAX)
    sorry, no problem mate.

fair enough if its AAAAB, but if its AABBC then surely there are many applciants that will be at more of an advantage than adshur.

i dont think u realsie that adshur should have got straight A's at AS Level.
    Thanks for hitting caps lock btw. Missing two As by just one or two marks isn't terrible and we all have off days. Ramming it down someone's throat isn't constructive. Yes, the result may disadvantage her slighty, but if she's as intelligent as you say she is, then she can more than make up for it in the interview and with her essays. So don't be so quick to critisize in the future. Capiche? (is that how you spell it btw?)

ReputationRep:

2) Stop posting drivel.
    RELAX reminds me so much of a guy who i know... he sits near me in philosophy and is socially inept. i was nice to him, and now he sees me as one of his best friends.... he just never takes a hint.... i know this sounds harsh but he freaks me out.

i dunno what it is about RELAX that made me think of him, maybe it's because it's the kinda thing he would have as a name *his current msn name is peace*

*quits rambling and realises how sleep deprived she is*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Relax... I'm sure Adsur thought she was going to get AAAAA aswell.. disappointments happen - so I wouldn't get too cocky just yet mate.

Also.. the thing about parents not speaking to their children over grades is obscure.

ReputationRep:
    My Business Result was taken from my homework essays to date (B) and the predicted stayed the same.

My English Result was taken from my essays and story (I admit I rushed the story) ( C+) and the predicted went to a B.

My Music was taken from a paper from last year (when the exam was modular) (B) but the predicted went down (?) to a C.

My French was take from my average homework and class room tests (D as I missed 2 homeworks through illness) and it remained the same!

My music teacher says I need the A in Music because Music is in great demand at Cardiff and the Careers Advider agreed.

Now I have to get to bed

ReputationRep:
    Gosh this has become rather interesting. I did expect better but I must admit I didn't really try much for AS (post GCSE complacency took over). As for relax, thank you, I appreciate your comments and the fact that you think I should be getting better grades...

Not to undermine the grades of othet people who got lower than me of course. As I have said many times, it is all about achieving your OWN potential, something I most obviously didn't do at AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Also.. the thing about parents not speaking to their children over grades is obscure.
    i think (correct me if i'm wrong) that a_m_g is not speaking to her mum because of something else, but stuff like this just doesn't help.

i don't know what i would do if my parents were realy obsessive about my grades- it would be twice as bad because i have a twin brother and it's really hard not to be competitive when results come out on the same day... *but always feels dreadful when she is, would love us both to get identical grades*

lou xxx

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.