Turn on thread page Beta

AS Predicted Grades - A Total Shocker! watch

ReputationRep:
    Its all well being cocky and saying you will get straight As. You have a right to come in here and be cocky when you have achieved those grades, until then try to be more understanding there is no guarentee you will even pass!
    A girl at my school had never got less than an A in her life her predicted grades were As but she ended up with BCCD at A level. It could happen to you so until you actually have your certificates I suggest that you stop being condescending to others.

ReputationRep:
    Btw Relax, I don't know where you get this certainty about my intelligence!! Your confidence has indeed baffled me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Btw Relax, I don't know where you get this certainty about my intelligence!! Your confidence has indeed baffled me.
    Hey I'd be flattered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Don't worry. Predicted grades are rarely a good indication of reality - you know yourself better and if you think you'll do well, then the teachers comments mean nothing. And anyway, it's really your results which count.

When I got my AS results back, I was crying for days, my parents didn't speak to me - it was the most horrible experience EVER. But it did blow over, and now I'm trying harder for A2's and trying to put all that behind me. Whatever your parents do, it's only because they care and want the best for you. Maybe it's not a good way of motivating you, but that's the way some parents do it. I really don't think your mum's mood will last. Don't worry - tell them you'll try much harder next time, and show them where you can improve etc. Don't let it get to you - there's more to life than predicted grades.

Good luck!

yeah at as i got DDC lol but im hoping wiv a couple of resits i can make a levels up to BBB i doubt it but ill try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Hey I'd be flattered
    Oh I am! But still... it is so strange. Hehehe...

At the end of the day, it is the interview that matters at Cambridge. Many people who get straight A's at A level don't get in. It just depends on whether they'll see that spark in me really. It won't be the end of the world if i don't get in - I still have an offer from my second choice. I'm not expecting to get in at all - in fact I'll be truly () alarmed if I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAX)
    drivel?

everything i said in that post made sense.

just bcoz losers like you settle for anything thats not disgraceful, doesnt mean that the clever people should.

there is nothing wrong with striving to get the ebst grades, go to the best university, and being the best.

its called setting yourself high targets which will inevitably lead to success if you do your utmost to achieve the goals.

it mkes complete sense and it gives you confidence.

settling for an MTG is not a good ethos.

and by the way, why dont you actually get some decent grades and apply to a decent uni or something, instead of pretending to ahve a clue about anything when clearly uou dont?
    Now, this isn't a very nice post, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck for the interview they do look for more than grades. Where is your second choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Now, this isn't a very nice post, is it?
    Yes, rather blunt...but I guess it makes a change to all the anti-cambridge threads! Go Thames Valley!

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck for the interview they do look for more than grades. Where is your second choice?
    York.

ReputationRep:
    York is a good uni you should be fine either way. I will cross my fingers for your interview though.

ReputationRep:
    I think the name says it all...

ReputationRep:
    people, just ignore names like that. if you reply to their posts i have to delete your posts too

ReputationRep:
    i agree, LLAMA BOY IS A LITTLE CRAP I RECKON.

ReputationRep:
    and...as if by magic, the posts are gone...

I think the edders-fairy has been around, lol!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed and as you know llama boy I have no probs with your name that was edders doing the editing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAX)
    i agree, LLAMA BOY IS A LITTLE CRAP I RECKON.
    Dear oh dear, is there anything more pitiful than people determined to have flame wars on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    and...as if by magic, the posts are gone...

I think the edders-fairy has been around, lol!
    lol yep
    it gets a bit tiresome after a while... i need to recharge my fairy wand soon :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Its getting a bit pathetic I think but I guess if he has nothing better to do with his time.
    Although you would think he would be spending this valuable time improving his A-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    my fairy wand
    You might want to rephrase that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lol yep
    it gets a bit tiresome after a while... i need to recharge my fairy wand soon :cool:
    *sprinkles fairy dust on it* There. Bright and sparkly

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.