Turn on thread page Beta

AS Predicted Grades - A Total Shocker! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    *sprinkles fairy dust on it* There. Bright and sparkly
    lol youre so cute adhsur
    nighty night all. im trusting you all to behave in my absence (yeah like thatll happen :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the fraff..

Adhsur : which Uni's did you apply to, and for what course? And which AS Levels did you take? Just wondering because I got similar grades, and not really sure on what calibre of Uni will accept me (I applied for Warwick, and I'm not sure if that was smart lol)

ReputationRep:
    We will be little angels

ReputationRep:
    if it makes u feel better for my alevels which i just finished in june '03'
    i was predicted a B for maths and a C for futher maths, but itwas cos the teachers dont like me, mayb thts the same in yer case.
    i got a for maths and a for f.maths in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAX)
    WHY DID YOU GET THOSE GRADES?

YOU GOT EVEN MORE THAN ME AT GCSE, YET I AM GOING TO GET STRAIGHT A'S AT AS LEVEL.

SO HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO SO BADLY?

YOU WONT HAVE A BAT IN HELL'S CAHNCE OF CAMBRIDGE WITH GRADES LIKE THAT. SORRY.
    Believe me Maskall, if you get into Oxbridge then I will quite literally eat my hat. You seem to think you're God's gift to anything and everything, and believe me you're most definitely not. You're nothing more than an attention seeking cretin with absolutely no respect for anyone, including yourself. Whatever about your academic ability (which is at the least extremely questionable considering some of the extremely simple questions you were asking yesterday), your attitude will stop you at the first hurdle. I expect your sheer arrogance will come across blindingly in your personal statement, and if not it will shine like a beacon at interview. You really do need to sort yourself out and stop acting like a total **** if you expect to go to any university, let alone anything near the standards of Oxbridge. Adhsur has infinitely more chance than you of getting in to Oxbridge.

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    For my AS french, I was predicted a D or something, and I pulled up my socks and I got a B. If I was better at writing, I could have got an A. So don't worry; sometimes, lower predicted grades can spur you on to do better, even if it's just to prove the teachers wrong. (I think my french teacher was expecting a low grade for me, and was pretty surprised-heehee)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Adhsur : which Uni's did you apply to, and for what course? And which AS Levels did you take? Just wondering because I got similar grades, and not really sure on what calibre of Uni will accept me (I applied for Warwick, and I'm not sure if that was smart lol)
    Cambridge, York, Warwick, Durham, Leeds, Bradford.

So pretty much a big range of the spectrum lol.

I took Philosophy, Maths, English langlit, and French for AS. Applying for Philosophy.

God knows how many times I've said that! hehehe.

I'm sure you have a great chance at Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lol youre so cute adhsur
    Why thank you

ReputationRep:

I took Philosophy, Maths, English langlit, and French for AS. Applying for Philosophy.

Cambridge..nice..had interview??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    Cambridge..nice..had interview??
    Nope. It's in two weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Believe me Maskall, if you get into Oxbridge then I will quite literally eat my hat.....(and so on)

Regards,
    nicely said rahaydenuk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAX)
    I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!!

I GOT 6 A*'S AND 4 A'S AT GCSE, YET FOR AS LEVELS I AM PREDICTED:

MATHEMATICS - A MINUS
    PHYSICS - A NORMAL
    ECONOMICS - A NORMAL
    COMPUTING A MINUS
    GENERAL STUDIES A NORMAL

THAT FREAKED ME OUT, BUT AT LEAST IT WILL MAKE ME WORK HARDER TO ACHIEVE THE GRADES I WANT. ALTHOUGH I UNDERSTAND WHAT U R SAYING, YOU STILL WANT DECENT PREDICTIONS.

ALL THE EBST ANYWAY, I AM USRE YOU WILL DO WELL.
    You got A's in everything and you freaked out?!?!?!my oh my. What would you of done if you'd of recieved my grades I do not know!

p.s. I recieved a BCCD. Re-sitting all but four modules!

My predicted grades for my A Levels are BBC but Loughborough Uni, to which I have applied and desperately want to go to, are asking for ABC. Haven't had a reply yet though. Do you think my predicted grades will ruin my chances of been selected?

ReputationRep:

How did you manage to get AABBC in four AS levels :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    General studies perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    I think that anyone who sets their standards really high is likely to end up disappointed. However, at least if your predicted grades are not incredibly high, then if you get good grades it feels good. With that said, the grades should be realistically what you think you ought to achieve, and if you don't think they are, you should confront your teachers about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Actually I declined the C. It was in Critical Thinking which I'll do again.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I declined the C. It was in Critical Thinking which I'll do again.
    Does critical thinking have similarities to philosophy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Does critical thinking have similarities to philosophy?
    Yes, unfortunately!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.