The Student Room Group

OK- I'm well freaked out...ghosts exist.

I've been helping my Dad clean out a somewhat old (not the classic haunted house look though) house in B'ham, moving some belongings that were left behind from the old lady who recently passed away. There was a weird feeling too like I was being watched but i carried on, i'm not one to get freaked easily. Then a coathanger flew at me from the chair, I was about 3 feet away from it and all the windows were closed. Ive never run so fast. Has anyone else had any paranormal experience?

I was open-minded about the whole thing before this, now im totally freaked. I've been working out all the logical ways it might have happened, but I can't :dong:

I'm not going back there!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dude, DO go back there and FILM the flying mo'fo, or any other activity for that matter...and then I'll be totally convinced.

I believe in paranormal/supernatural activity, and am a big fan of ghosts~glad it's not the other way round though.

Party on.
Reply 2
JonW
I've been working out all the logical ways it might have happened, but I can't

So instead of saying the cause was unknown you made up an invisible creature that you hold responsible?

See this is why religion starts as well... just because someone doesn't know the answers they make something up that fills the gap. :confused:
Reply 3
aniguchisan

Party on.

Haha

Jon is clearly abit shaken by this experience , i dont think he will 'party on' quite yet :rolleyes:

But gd point...try and film any experiences if poss?

Have u bn back to that house since then and what does yr dad say about this ?
Reply 4
mik1w
So instead of saying the cause was unknown you made up an invisible creature that you hold responsible?

See this is why religion starts as well... just because someone doesn't know the answers they make something up that fills the gap. :confused:

so i pressume yr an atheist :confused: who doesnt believe in any thing paranormal ?
mik1w

Exactly! Well said :smile:
JonW
I've been helping my Dad clean out a somewhat old (not the classic haunted house look though) house in B'ham, moving some belongings that were left behind from the old lady who recently passed away. There was a weird feeling too like I was being watched but i carried on, i'm not one to get freaked easily. Then a coathanger flew at me from the chair, I was about 3 feet away from it and all the windows were closed. Ive never run so fast. Has anyone else had any paranormal experience?

I was open-minded about the whole thing before this, now im totally freaked. I've been working out all the logical ways it might have happened, but I can't :dong:

I'm not going back there!!!

Dont always accuse the spirits for these things, they get mad :mad:

Maybe, for example, part of your clothes material came off, and got tangled on the coathanger.

But, i think we all know its the tooth fairie's fault :mad: Dam fairy with her magical wand :mad:
Reply 7
mik1w

are flying coathangers an every day occurance in your house? :p:
Reply 8
mik1w

Haha.
That made me giggle so much. I'm not sure why :|
Reply 9
It's either a poltergeist or the negative energy in your house. Things shift because of negative energy, negative elections etc.
Reply 10
lil penguin kid
are flying coathangers an every day occurance in your house? :p:

we have flying birds...oh wait a minute :rolleyes:
IceFleur
It's either a poltergeist or the negative energy in your house. Things shift because of negative energy, negative elections etc.

Things shift because of elections? Man, I'm surprised there wasn't an earthquake in the past few months then...
Reply 12
Blue Bliss
Things shift because of elections? Man, I'm surprised there wasn't an earthquake in the past few months then...

Electrons, lol.

Sorry.

And you're right...the world would have experienced major earthquakes if it was because of elections. Damn Labour.
IceFleur

negative electrons? dream on...

why is "unexplained" so well-associated with ghosts and stuff? sounds daft to me. You didn't see what happened, so there's no reason to shout ghost. there really are too many arguments against ghosts.

edit: hmm - why did you run away? sounds like something worth waiting for!
Reply 14
This was a long time ago, but I still remember it. One of my mum's friends bought a chair from auction and one day she saw an old lady sitting in it. She thought it was a ghost, but being skepticals, wasn't sure. One day when I was there with the rest of the kids, one of them said 'is that your Grandma sitting in that seat?'. 'Grandma' wasn't around, so the little kid must have seen the ghost as well. They were never scared though, as they didn't feel the ghost was a threat or evil. She still keeps the chair, because she's affraid that if she sold it, the old lady might go to a nasty home! :rolleyes:
Reply 15
I can totally understand the sceptisism, but for the record its not my house- I was working there moving some stuff out.

Never experienced anything before and I hope I don't again, it's best to try and work the whole thing out (open window etc etc) but looking back on it in the cold light of day it's more interesting than scary.

It's kinda cool from a scientific angle, just because we don't understand something doesn't mean we should totally dismiss it.
Reply 16
O w8 i forgot to answer 'why did i get freaked out'...isn't it obvious? The unknown gives the jitters to most ppl, and acting on instinct of course...
ok, i am not joking , but this really happened to me. When i was younger i was chasing my dad round the house and he ran into a corner and disappeared :eek: when i called on him, he was in the kitchen! i was totally freaked out.

edit:
and there was this other time when i was sitting in my bed wide awake and this black blob thing appeared next ti my bed with red eyes, i screamed my head off, i was only little :redface:
Cellardore
ok, i am not joking , but this really happened to me. When i was younger i was chasing my dad round the house and he ran into a corner and disappeared :eek: when i called on him, he was in the kitchen! i was totally freaked out.

edit:
and there was this other time when i was sitting in my bed wide awake and this black blob thing appeared next ti my bed with red eyes, i screamed my head off, i was only little :redface:

lol! im afraid memory is a fickle thing ('scuse the cliche), and thus the first is easy to explain away (i no u probably don't like me saying that), and the second is probably because you were a little less wide awake than you thought. Again, you won't like that suggestion, but memory and tiredness are very plausible explanations i'm afraid.

also, what makes you so sure the red things on the black blob were eyes?
Reply 19
I see dead people. They're everywhere.

Well, no. But apparantly, when I was about 2 and 3 in my old house in Nottingham, I always complained about someone to my parents called 'Andy', who I didn't like. I said that he hung from the cherry tree in the garden and that he scared me. My mum also apparantly dreamt of someone hanging on the tree in the garden before I could speak. Rather horrible. :P

Doors regularly opened and closed, and there were mysterious shadows of a child like figure. Cushions on the couch shifted when we were out the house, too, and I have vague memories of glowing eyes in my bedroom. :frown:

Latest