The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
JonW
Then a coathanger flew at me from the chair

This phenomenon can be scientifically explained by Berty's 5th law. Occasionally neutrinos are found to build in the pi energy shells around a common atom. Small sparks can trigger forces in the p orbital shells causing the coat hanger to erupt in move forward with kinetic energy equalling 1/2mv^2.

Ghosts dont exist. :biggrin:
foxo
I see dead people. They're everywhere.

Well, no. But apparantly, when I was about 2 and 3 in my old house in Nottingham, I always complained about someone to my parents called 'Andy', who I didn't like. I said that he hung from the cherry tree in the garden and that he scared me. My mum also apparantly dreamt of someone hanging on the tree in the garden before I could speak. Rather horrible. :P

Doors regularly opened and closed, and there were mysterious shadows of a child like figure. Cushions on the couch shifted when we were out the house, too, and I have vague memories of glowing eyes in my bedroom. :frown:

Yeah I use to speak to some shadows and I always had the impression someone was watching me...my mum says I used to complain about this guy wh would come in my room as disturb me from playing with my toys
And I used to hear people screaming desperately :s:

meh..I had laods of imagination when I was litte :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 22
The Idea of ghosts.. Just freak me out. It sounds stupid but at work Ill be just walking down the aisle to the stockroom and things will just fall of the shelves really randomly. This has happened a couple fo times now.. I know it could just be gravity.. But I always get hit by them, Even if Im walking a couple of feet ahead of it.
Could just be my imagination thou.. who knows.
Reply 23
saiyamana
Dont always accuse the spirits for these things, they get mad :mad:
Maybe, for example, part of your clothes material came off, and got tangled on the coathanger.

erm NO! It was clearly a strand of his hair that got entangled in the hanger as he proceeded to do his daily tasks and, at the moment when he looked down, the hanger was tugged by his hair and popped him in the head. clearly :mad:
My sister once claimed that she saw a ghost. She woke up and saw this ghost, and she came running to the kitchen where I was having breakfast to tell me about it.
This happened several years ago, and I got scared much more easily. I now realize that it was probably a dream or something, but you never know. :wink:
Reply 25
mik1w
So instead of saying the cause was unknown you made up an invisible creature that you hold responsible?

See this is why religion starts as well... just because someone doesn't know the answers they make something up that fills the gap. :confused:

"God of the gaps" :cool: :marchmell
CrazyChemist
lol! im afraid memory is a fickle thing ('scuse the cliche), and thus the first is easy to explain away (i no u probably don't like me saying that), and the second is probably because you were a little less wide awake than you thought. Again, you won't like that suggestion, but memory and tiredness are very plausible explanations i'm afraid.

also, what makes you so sure the red things on the black blob were eyes?

lol i am not kidding, but that that black blob looked very much like darth vader :eek:
Reply 27
the weirdest was when i was asleep, and was woken by a baby screaming, i looked outside the window and nothing was there, the sound is so regular now, i just ignore it :eek:
Reply 28
IceFleur
It's either a poltergeist or the negative energy in your house. Things shift because of negative energy, negative elections etc.

But all electrons are negatively charged?? :confused:
Reply 29
My flatmates see a ghost every morning when I stumble into the kitchen to make a cuppa :cool:
yeah my little sis when she was 3/4 said she saw an old lady sitting on my living room chair smiling at her and asked my mom waht this old lady was doing here! weird???
NikNak
But all electrons are negatively charged?? :confused:

maybe he hasnt grasped the idea that positive electrons are called positrons :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending