?
Report 13 years ago
I'm crying, Kylie is my goddess
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I know, I heard about that recently as well. Sad isn't it I'm sure she'll be fine tho.
shazzam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just saw it on the news
Powersymphonia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shazzam)
I just saw it on the news
just shows you that it can happen to anyone. I think that more money should be spent on curing illnesses, rather than on immigration and space travel.
Christophicus
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's really awful!
I hope she gets better. At least it was caught early.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Very sad and shocking news. I was listening to the radio in bed when I heard it and I almost couldn't believe it

Let's hope she can fight off the disease and gets well soon. Good luck Kylie
sumitk87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Innocentvictim)
just shows you that it can happen to anyone. I think that more money should be spent on curing illnesses, rather than on immigration and space travel.
Gd Point

Kylie is lucky they caught it early !
moon·struck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
, at least it was caught early on.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Iwas just reading that on BBC news online.

Not that it's any consolation to her, but at least she's gone public and it brings the whole subject back into the media spotlight, which will probably help thousands...
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Innocentvictim)
I think that more money should be spent on curing illnesses, rather than on immigration and space travel.
If only it were that easy!

Fluffy (former cancer researcher)
silver~planet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
Iwas just reading that on BBC news online.

Not that it's any consolation to her, but at least she's gone public and it brings the whole subject back into the media spotlight, which will probably help thousands...
Good point - silver lining in the cloud and all that. It's really sad though and shocking.
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Actually...I dont really care! Yes it's sad, but she wont die from it, and unlike many others, she will receive excellent medical care for it.

Our fixation with celebrities drives me crazy.
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
really Sad news, Hope she gets better soon
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Actually...I dont really care! Yes it's sad, but she wont die from it, and unlike many others, she will receive excellent medical care for it.

How selfish are you? What about all the help it will give thousands of women out their who have lumps but are currently too scared to go and see their GP/tell them about it?

Have a look at the massive leap in early diagnosis figures experienced in the US after Anastasia went public about her breast cancer.

Are you telling me that's a bad thing???
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Cancer is always serious, whether it's caught early or not, and whoever has it.

Fluffy's right; if she becomes a figurehead, promotes the issue and early detection, then it can only be a good thing.

Besides, there's always the possibility of complications. I don't know much about it, but you can't take it for granted.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

How can you say she won't die from it? Have you seen the future? Even the best medical care the world can give cannot give 100% assurances of a cure.

As has been said, there can always be complications. Who knows what could happen.

I wouldn't want to think the worst for anyone, but you have to have those thoughts there just in case.

And this isn't a fixation with a celebrity. It is soeone well known and loved by many people suffering from an illness which afects hundernd and thousands of people around the world. Seeing someone in the public eye with this will encourage many people to go to their docotrs, it will offer hope to many others sufferign and, if Kylie survives, will offer that extra push to other people to keep on fighting and tomget better themsleves when they see people can survive it. It will also most likely encourage many people to donate more money to cancer research.

I was just talking the other day saying how hardly a week goes by with out a promising new breakthrough being announced. If Kylie coming out and saying she is suffering form breast cancer encourages enough extra donations to fund a small part of extra research which could cure many people in the future then her sufering wil have helped.

I'm actually quite sad to see people already have no sympathy. I was waiting for when I'd see the first such post. It's taken about 2 hours...now I'm waiting for the first one to say something like 'hope she dies' or 'it serves her right', as sadly there are people out there who will say this and it is only a matter of time before I see such a post made
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am sure she will be fine, its amazing what they can do with cancer these days they even managed to cure a 96 year old who had it.

She is still young so that will be a big advantage, ironically I am not sure her money will help. Look what what happened to Maurice Gibb, that would never have happened if he was in a UK NHS hospital.

I have never what the sucess rate of breast cancer is, bit I suppose even if they manage to cure it her life will never be the same again.

I like Kylie as well, she is one of the few 'pop' stars I had respect for, probably becuase of my generation.

Phonicsdude - Thats what they said with Maurice Gibb who went to hospital with a minor condition in one of the worlds top hospitals, he never came out

Nobody can say she won't die from it.
Janealams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ya i heard it in the news.
I hope she'll be fine
Golden Maverick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anyone thinking of donating to cancer research from here (although it might be unlikely being a student forum) I'd urge you not to give specifically for breast cancer research. There is already a bias towards breast cancer over other more lethal or common types, so giving to a general cancer research body might be better.

We really need some celebs talking about their prostate cancer, or colon cancer, but they're not quite as glamorous as breasts.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1365)
79.73%
Leave (347)
20.27%

Watched Threads