Have you ever been bullied? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sabrina the teenage witch!! lol :p:

i got bullied once, but then i beat the hell out of the guy. havent been bullied since.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
never been bullied per se, i kind of slipped under the kids radars most of the time. sometimes had one off problems with some kids, like on the bus coming home from school, but more of a case of them needing someone to pick on than consistant bullying, they were just looking for someone there to have a go at.

one of my friends has severe dyslexia and was very quiet and looked "spaced out" most of the time, kids at school always sensed and noticed that about him and picked on him, even younger kids becasue they knew he wouldn't do anything about it. more just verbal taunts and looking down on him and so forth. I truely respect him for it because he just got on with it, sometimes me and other friends had to stand up for him because kids were getting away with murder (so to speak) but now hes at uni studying creative writing and getting on with life, like to see where those losers are now,
Lucrezia
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I got badly bullied when I was 9, but after that it was just being laughed at, pushed a little...nothing too bad in comparison. It stopped in about year 9, and now I'm fine. My sister was badly bullied, but when she changed schools it stopped.

I still get a few insults, etc, about race, but I can take it.

Bullies are seriously sick. I understand some people feeling like they need to take their anger out on something, but that is no excuse. Plently of people have horrid times in life and go through a lot and are able to get over it without abusing other people.
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Sam_B)
sabrina the teenage witch!! lol :p:

oye you! :p: you big bully.
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd call it more like teasing, because I only ever got upset about it for about a day. Let's see, I got called for pulling my socks up (it looks cute on a little kid, hmpf, sog to being cool with ankle socks, and besides Japanese schoolgirls can get away with it :hmpf: ) for being sad (i.e. not buying my own clothes until I was 13 and couldn't be bothered with music and fashion) and for going to a private school by the local trevs...but they soon got over that when they realised I could play football. Muwhahaha. *rambles*

In conclusion, I got off pretty lightly.
Helen_w
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
moral of the story...to stop someone bullying you, you need to give them a taste of their own medicine and stand up for yourself...but does this consitute you turning into a bully?
Well I think no, but teachrs don't exactly see it like that do they??

In primary school I was not bullied, but at secondary school, well, thats another story entirely!

When I first went in year 7, I got teased for having a lisp, but I wasn't bothered, it wasnt anything I hadn't heard before. But in about year 8 it got nasty, I can remember being at the side of the sports hall after our netball match finished being kicked. Hard. Eventually, the bullying got so bad as well as a lisp I started stammering when I spoke...! It stopped at around the end of year 8 when the ringleader of this gang moved away. Then in year 9 someone just started on me for no reason! I was rather quiet and bookish, (literally at this point, I was reading Harry Potter 4), she came and threw it across the field and tipped my bag upside down. That wasnt scary, just pathetic. And I told her so. Eventually she also moved away to her grandparents house when her mother died.

Then in year 11, a girl in my business studies class (even though I had been in the same class as her for the entire of year 10) started bullying me really badly, with death threats and all. She lived down the road from my best friend, and I didnt go round to her house unless someone dropped me off right outside the door! My friend also didnt leave her house alone either, she was bullied a lot by her). At first it was just little insults like "boffin" *how pathetic! I wasn't bothered. But then it got nasty, and sometimes my busoness studies teacher didnt even notice! He was also an ex-colleague of my mums, so at the end of a lesson when I just lost it, he was like "what was all that about"? I couldnt believe he hadn't noticed! Then, her friends started (who were in my science class) and I just lost it (again) and burst into tears, according to my biology teacher, I was in the wrong. Then I went down to music, I walked into the room and my teacher was like can you get the folders please." then she looked up and sawmy face, and she was like "whats wrong??" So I tried to walk out to get the folders but she wouldn't let me go anywhere until I had told her, by which time she marched me down to my head of years office!! She was the nicest teacher ever...
Lucrezia
Report 13 years ago
I have learnt a good way to make people leave you alone is to punch them in some way. Get the palm of your hand and bring it quickly towards their nose...some say it doesn't solve anything, but believe me it makes you feel a lot better.
Helen_w
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lucrezia)
I have learnt a good way to make people leave you alone is to punch them in some way. Get the palm of your hand and bring it quickly towards their nose...some say it doesn't solve anything, but believe me it makes you feel a lot better.
And if you do it with enough force it breaks their nose. :rolleyes:
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lucrezia)
I just ignore them.... they dont deserve any attention! Mind you, thats probally why i'm so egocentric
saz_1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it depends what kind of bullying it is. if it's proper violent psycho bullies then punching them would probably just end up with you getting your head kicked in. but if it's a couple of people, and you've never really stood up to them, suddenly flipping out and giving one of them a smack really does work. i wouldnt really condone violence in school because teachers dont really look kindly on it.

a girl once bullied my sister for no reason, and my other (much younger!) sister took it upon herself to walk into the bully and send her flying, then came out with "never mind, you do it to my sister don't you? *****". it worked anyway.
Lucrezia
Report 13 years ago
One boy in my school has been tormented since year 7...he's never fit in. He dresses differently, talks differently, etc and can be mean at times...but in a self protective way I suppose. He is an nice person and very gentle.

About December I was just joking with my friends and ran over to him and asked his agreement, like you would to anyone, and it wasn't anything at all horrid I asked, then he swung for me. I was really shocked, as I think men hititng women is wrong and I had no idea what I'd done.

Recently, this girl who everyone hates because she is so spiteful and nasty threw a drink all over him. In the lesson before that she'd been hitting him and throwing stuff at him, and to be frank, she'd bullied him for the past five years.

Everyone was laughing apart from a few people who were just shocked at what she'd done but the guy I'm talking about just ran at her, pinned her against the wall and started punching and kicking her until another guy pulled him off.

To be honest, he shouldn't have been pulled off in my opinion.
Clodagh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Poor boy....Yes, violence is wrong but what can you do when someone provokes you / hits you like that? Stand there?

He probably hit you because he thought you were going to be mean to him(even tho u weren't). That sort of bullying would probably make him incredibly self defensive sto the extent anyone that comes near him gets lashed out at.
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I was never physically bullied but verbally abused a lot in lower school (secondary). Never got picked on at primary school, but years 7-9 particularly were awful for homophobic comments (boys school, too). But in year 10/11 it died down completely and I rarely got ****ged off and 6th form - no bullying at all.
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Clodagh)
How come police involvement isn't very effective? I mean, your brother developing epilepsy..surely that's a serious assault? Can we not see some of these physical bullies answer to their actions in court?
I totally agree with this. Some of the stuff that happened to me would be easy assault convictions if it were adults involved. I think people just think it's not serious and it's part of school. Grrrrr :mad:
Robber's ghost
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I was bullied a lot. At worst people told me that they knew where I lived (they actually had my address) and said that they were going to fire bomb my house. Through years 7-9 I was constantly verbally and physically abused by seemingly everyone.

At college now it's not too bad. There's still one delighful fellow who tells people I'm homosexual, sends me abusive E mails, and has threatened to kill my cats. He behaves this way towards a lot of people, includng physically abusing and humiliating my friends.

Sadly, he's way more popular than me. And he's popular with decent people. I can't really understand that.
braders89
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
live it out knowin dat one day u can shove it in there face and gain there respect. worked for me

den only 2 more days of yr 11 and dey go and do nufin while i stay on and make good use of myself to become more succefull than they can be. cant wait to see the backs of some people on friday
awesome
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if people chops me i chops em back
matt4504
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I was bullied from the beginning of year 8 til the end of year 10 because basically i was just called Gay all the time. There wasn't any physical abuse but just constant verbal. Yeah i pretty much hated any period of my life from the age of 12-15. Btw i am gay so i spose they were right.
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
on and off all through primary school, year 7/8, things got a LOT worse end of year 8, and 9, kindov stopped in year 10 and has thinned out since then. still made me one hell of a paranoid person at times, but my friends now are making me snap out of that!
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by matt4504)
Btw i am gay so i spose they were right.
That doesn't give anyone the right to bully you, though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1388)
79.59%
Leave (356)
20.41%

Watched Threads