Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i av a prob coz in lessons at a2 level i never take in wots goin on - just copy notes but when i come to revise i actually av to learn notes first so i sort of learn and revise at same time. any1 else like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    i av a prob coz in lessons at a2 level i never take in wots goin on - just copy notes but when i come to revise i actually av to learn notes first so i sort of learn and revise at same time. any1 else like this?
    That happens to me all the time. I end up writing notes and not having time to understand while I write. You are not alone!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone does it, so don't worry about it. I do it at university and hope to Christ they don't ask me a question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    That happens to me all the time. I end up writing notes and not having time to understand while I write. You are not alone!
    lol most of my teachers explain stuff when evry1's writin its stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    lol most of my teachers explain stuff when evry1's writin its stupid
    Yep, it's soooo annoying cuz you can't listen to them or you'll be behind!

ReputationRep:
    Do what I do: bring a tape recorder to every lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    seriously u do that? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    Actually, dictation machine sounds like a good idea, certainly for university lectures to come. I wonder how many people use them! :confused: As for school, I don't think you'd be allowed, and if you are, you'll get some funny looks from the teachers and pupils alike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Actually, dictation machine sounds like a good idea, certainly for university lectures to come. I wonder how many people use them! :confused: As for school, I don't think you'd be allowed, and if you are, you'll get some funny looks from the teachers and pupils alike.
    so wots it like at uni do u av ta be able to write really fast or do teachers write stuff on board or wot?

ReputationRep:
    University is just like being at college. They still teach in the same way, but more people are willing to work and attend. Being in a lecture though is like being in the cinema with a man at the front talking - continuously.

They still write things on the board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    so wots it like at uni do u av ta be able to write really fast or do teachers write stuff on board or wot?
    I'm not at uni yet, so I can't answer that I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to stay behind 2 hours everyday after school until my January exams to make sure I get learn and revise everything I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    I'm just going to stay behind 2 hours everyday after school until my January exams to make sure I get learn and revise everything I can.
    I said the same thing. When the time came though, I couldn't be arsed.

ReputationRep:
    My uni put slides up but you can print them off the internet which saves on the writing down you only have to write down key points. I tend to take a lot of notes I would take at least 6 sides of A4 per hour lecture but its all down to individual notetaking style.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.