The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i only have a leeds festival experience
Reply 2
I was there last year when one of the toilet blocks got blown up! Hysterical at the time but looking back on it not the safest thing, going back this year though :smile:
miranda7719
i only have a leeds festival experience

Haha, sorry but please share that experience too!
:smile:
Reply 4
Alice Glass gave me a bottle of champagne, which was pretty cool.
Eme29
I was there last year when one of the toilet blocks got blown up! Hysterical at the time but looking back on it not the safest thing, going back this year though :smile:

Hahah, lovely!
But i mean, did you feel safe and stuff?
Reply 6
i guess most of the time i was too drunk to feel unsafe. if you're worried about being dirty and stuff, just forget about it. i totally embraced all the mud (and believe me there was a lot at last years leeds) some of the girld there tried to stay all pretty and lovely and it just failed. i really had the best time, it was so amazing. try and make sure you go and see all the bands you want to, i missed out on a few cause i was chilling in the campsite but theres enough time to do that at night. another bit of advice, camping next to the rave tent seems like a good idea at the time, it's really not. so jealous, i have a ticket for this year but i have to sell it cause i need the money, would love to go again :frown:

anything else you're curious about?
Reply 7
All of your belongings (even the clothes on your back) will get burnt to ashes on the sunday night.
Reply 8
explosiive
All of your belongings (even the clothes on your back) will get burnt to ashes on the sunday night.

oh yeah i forgot about the sunday night! that can be a little scary sometimes if people go too crazy
miranda7719
i guess most of the time i was too drunk to feel unsafe. if you're worried about being dirty and stuff, just forget about it. i totally embraced all the mud (and believe me there was a lot at last years leeds) some of the girld there tried to stay all pretty and lovely and it just failed. i really had the best time, it was so amazing. try and make sure you go and see all the bands you want to, i missed out on a few cause i was chilling in the campsite but theres enough time to do that at night. another bit of advice, camping next to the rave tent seems like a good idea at the time, it's really not. so jealous, i have a ticket for this year but i have to sell it cause i need the money, would love to go again :frown:

anything else you're curious about?

It's not so much the being dirty, like i dont really care haha, it's just that my sister was saying how people were getting stabbed and stuff, i was like :/
hahahah
yeah that was basically it, like i dont want to be worried the wholee time
ahahha
explosiive

hahahah beautiful...i cant wait!
Like anything, full of idiots trying to prove they're out there and so far out. Most people do irritate me though, but particularly the kind of people that have to prove how extreme they are. Just go in a quieter camp site if you're that bothered and suss it out.
Reply 12
(this is from leeds fest btw but i think it applies to all festivals)
get ready for possibly the worst toilets you will ever use and most of them dont have locks on them (the stalls in the campsites that is, not the portaloos they tend to be better) but yeh, you just have to be quick and 'dont look down' into the trough that lies beneath which consists of hundreds of peoples waste:s-smilie:) but apart from that! haha sorry its not that bad, everyone has to use them so dont worry.
oh and in terms of the safeness, i felt safe the whole time, as long as you stick with your friends, i was with my boyfriend most of the time so i felt fine, but sunday nights can get abit scary cos people make fires, but the chances of you getting hurt in any way are very small.
Reply 13
Camp in Orange!The ten minute trek to Tesco is totally worth it just to go to the toilet. Seriously - festival toilets are not nice at all.

Just don't be one of them idiots who go mental on the Sunday night. Its not big and its not funny - it just ruins things for everyone. Im all up for a little 'rioting' - drinking and generally haveing a good time, but when it involves burning peoples tents with PEOPLE IN. its not funny in the slightest. Thank god it didnt happen to us, but there were people around us who were the victims of some pretty mindless and nasty stuff.
Reply 14
Going to Reading this year too :biggrin:
Trek to tesco to queue for over an hour to go to the toilet...
I think brown and white are the quietest? The nearer to the arena you are the more crazy and muddy it is.
I stayed sober on sunday so that me and my mate could pack all our stuff into the car in the morning then drive home straight after it finished. Nearly fell asleep on the motorway but i didnt get burnt down :biggrin:
When I went to a reading festival there were authors reading come of their new works, and some workshops where you could do creative writing.

what are you talking about? Tent burning? stabbings?
Reply 17
Genevieveflies
Hahah, lovely!
But i mean, did you feel safe and stuff?

the group I was with was split between the red and purple camps. Red was fairly relaxed and totally fine and you could leave the festival to walk into the town and get food (and better toilets). the purple camp is a lot bizzier with lots of people walking through so didn't feel as safe to leave stuff there or be on the last night when stuff was being set on fire but saying that I'll probably camp in purple this year, its more exciting and you can hear the music on the mainstage from your campsite as its near the main arena!
hope that helps:smile:
Reply 18
My brother's description of sunday night last year was "Armageddon"!! Still, it's my first year this year and I cannot wait!!!
Reply 19
Genevieveflies
my sister was saying how people were getting stabbed and stuff, i was like :/

ahahha

First of all good girl for going to reading and not leeds!!! :smile: :smile: right decision :p:

ive been going to reading for the past 3 years (and going this year aswell!) :biggrin: its absolutely brilliant. seriously ask anyone thats been, it will be the best weekend of your life, guaranteed!

about stabbings - there were no stabbings last year. The worst thing that happened was someone got burnt by an exploding gas cannister (gas canisters are banned this year).

Basically just let loose of all worried, dont give a **** what others think about you. its your weekend, youve paid big dolla to go, so make it worth it!

there are showers at the end of the green campsite. I used them last year, very good. Although the girls have to wait for a while to use them, men are straight in. They are communal so if you dont mind getting naked infront of other girls youll be fine :p:

Sundays are crazy. do not go to sleep on sunday. It isnt safe. just keep your wits about you and youll be fine. just make sure your tent doesnt get pulled onto a fire while your still in it! (it happens!)

Although there are gonna be more police and SIA approved security this year so shouldnt be so bad!

Sorry a bit of an essay. but overall, reading is ******* off the hook! you will love it :biggrin: :biggrin: hope this helps

Latest