Need help ASAP with sales adviser job application Watch

This discussion is closed.
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
What attracts you to working for Debenhams?

Now this is the type of question, I'm RUBBISH at.
Peach
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
What attracts you to working for Debenhams?

Now this is the type of question, I'm RUBBISH at.
How about -

Debenhams has always been my favourite department store. This is due to the large and up to date selection of products on offer (if you're going for a specific section, then mention something like - particularly in terms of the fashion range). I would relish the opportunity to provide customer service and sales advice in a place with such a large variety of choice.

The go on to mention that your impression of Debenhams is that it is a team oriented place, and that this is where your skills and interest lie.

Just a few suggestions
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Question 10 of 18 - questions marked * are mandatory

What does the term 'good customer service' mean to you? :eek:
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've filled one of those application forms in and they never responded - *******s!
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Question 10 of 18 - questions marked * are mandatory

What does the term 'good customer service' mean to you? :eek:

In my opinion 'good cutomer service' means exceeding customer expectations. I believe that by providing a high standard of customer care, in a professional yet friendly manner, as well as having a good knowledge of products and services on offer, leads to good customer service. A courteous manner, and a friendly disposition, will lead to winning the customer's trust and confidence, providing them with a pleasurable shopping experience.

I think writing that should be fine
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Peach I think I should give you two reps One today and one tomorow, and If I get the job, one then as well
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
that is brilliant Peach, thanks, although I had already submitted some crap before I read your reply, hopefully I will be able to go back and edit it.

Last question
Describe an occasion where your personal drive or commitment has led to a positive outcome. *

This is an important one. Just make it up, please. Thanks.
This is a bit tricky as it is really about personal experience. I would put something along the lines of -

I have recently completed my first (or second, or whatever you want to put) year at university. The deadlines for my coursework were extremely close together, as well as overlapping with the start of my exams. I managed to meet every deadline, as well as completing my exams to a high standard. I believe that my commitment to excelling at whatever I am doing, as well as my personal drive to succeed, were the main reasons for this outcome.

Best I could come up without getting you into a situation where you would have to lie your way through the interview!!
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Peach I think I should give you two reps One today and one tomorow, and If I get the job, one then as well
Feel free doll
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (50)
73.53%
Leave (18)
26.47%

Watched Threads