Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone reaching burn out stage? I feel like i've been revising 4eva... any light relief strategies? Cheers dudes and dudets xx

ReputationRep:
    then take a afternoon off...

only say 5 hours, and just chill out...

just lounge for a few hours..

if you are getting stressed then it arent revising fully anyway..

_Cr

ReputationRep:
    Just feel like there is too much to do and not enough time to do it in...Nothing is ever good enough 4 me, dammit im a perfectionist, if i dont get 95+ ums in each module i'll be unhappy...silly i know, but i wanna go oxford, waaaaaay to much pressure (put on by myself lol!) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxKatiexXx)
    Just feel like there is too much to do and not enough time to do it in...Nothing is ever good enough 4 me, dammit im a perfectionist, if i dont get 95+ ums in each module i'll be unhappy...silly i know, but i wanna go oxford, waaaaaay to much pressure (put on by myself lol!) xx
    Oxford don't ask for your UMS anyway (unless that's changing this year?)- Cambridge do.

Just have some chocolate and watch a DVD or something

ReputationRep:
    In that case, this is pressure you may have to learn to deal with. You're going to go to a top university where the work load will be relatively larger than lesser achieving universities. You're destined for this kind of pressure . Maybe it's just a matter of managing your time more efficiently and of course, relaxing.

ReputationRep:
    I get that all the time! Just chill for as long as you can spare. I like to take a long bath.

ReputationRep:
    :burnout:

ReputationRep:
    Just sleep.... Mm Sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Ill get the lead..

ReputationRep:
    Burn out ............
    You dont know the meaning of the word !

Gcse's in 1 yr A-levels in 1 yr Exams at uni ! No gaps no holiday for 10 + years !

Enjoy your so called burn out ..............

ReputationRep:
    And you don't know this person's circumstances, so quit quit picking on her
    And different people burn out easier than others, so quit picking on her
    She asked for a bit of support, not *****ing.

To the original poster, {hugs} Take breaks. Study for say half an hour on one topic, then take a little break, switch topic. Take maybe an afternoon off to do something, go to the cinema, go shopping, something relaxing. Try not to study late at night or you won't be able to sleep. Get lots of sleep and you'll be much more relaxed. Remember this will all be over soon. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I know how you're feeling on the burn-out issue!! Just think that you'll have a nice big holiday in a few weeks and it'll all be over and it'll (hopefully) have paid off. It'll lead to a good uni and a good job and lots of £ and holidays and more happiness then than you'll be suffering burnout now. Thats how i've got it figured in my head.

*This strategy has already failed once this year, meaning i have to come back for a resit, despite working my arse off in january. This has in fact left me lacking motivation, as it makes me think my best isn't good enough.... :-D (try your best, but if it doesn't work, join the club ;-)

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone reaching burn out stage? I feel like i've been revising 4eva... any light relief strategies? Cheers dudes and dudets xx
    Yup I feel the same. I've got three more exams to go but have ran out of steam already lol. I took yesterday off and didn't do any revision, hopefully that will make me feel like revising again later today!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i just go down the pub and play pool when i have had enough

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.