This discussion is closed.
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by :P:P:P:P:P)
I reckon Ill get to Cambridge wth my mum and then leave her in town while I go into the college. I dont want my mum hanging around when Im nervous lol ... I hope the people are nice so we can chat together I hope they arent all snobs lol

Im wearin a shirt and trousers dunno about tie though should I? Shirt tucked in or out? What do u think lol
Yeah I hope not.. but if you get in then you'll probably not see half of them again anyway so don't worry too much!

Hmmm.. not sure about guys. I'd say tucked in without a tie.. but that's just my preference.. not based on anything really! lol

What college are you applying to?
:P:P:P:P:P
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Yeah I hope not.. but if you get in then you'll probably not see half of them again anyway so don't worry too much!

Hmmm.. not sure about guys. I'd say tucked in without a tie.. but that's just my preference.. not based on anything really! lol

What college are you applying to?
Downing for law 11th u?
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I would say shirt not tucked in i dunno tho wot do the interviewers wear?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
Most academics wear whatever they fell into on the way from the bed to the bedroom door. Mismatched tweed is often a favourite, with the occassional pair of cords. I used to think this was a stereotype until I started working at a university .
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
Academic gowns of course!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I really can't remember what my interviewers wore. One of them looked scarily like Anne Robinson though. And they weren't wearing gowns.

There may be some losers there who are nasty cos they view you as "the competition," but I'm sure there will be normal people there too. The arrogant ones who are sure they're going to get in may well be in for a nasty surprise...
Minta
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Most academics wear whatever they fell into on the way from the bed to the bedroom door. Mismatched tweed is often a favourite, with the occassional pair of cords. I used to think this was a stereotype until I started working at a university .

Lol! That's exactly what my interviewers wore at St Catharine's last year!
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I reckon Ill get to Cambridge wth my mum and then leave her in town while I go into the college. I dont want my mum hanging around when Im nervous lol ... I hope the people are nice so we can chat together I hope they arent all snobs lol

Im wearin a shirt and trousers dunno about tie though should I? Shirt tucked in or out? What do u think lol
Where and when is your interview?
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Downing for law 11th u?
Law too (yay!) lol.. at Girton 6th
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (231)
51.22%
No (220)
48.78%

Watched Threads