Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Anon or delete.
Okay, so I've been a bit worried about discharge for a while. When I get turned on, I get really wet. Obviously I know you're meant to get- ahem- lubricated, but is it literally meant to be watery? Obviously inside my vagina it's thicker, and that's what I thought it was meant to be like everywhere. I get the wateryness when I'm not turned on as well, but when I'm horny there's a lot more of it.
Is this normal?
It has a smell I don't like, as well. I can't really describe it. It's quite a strong smell. The closest decription I can give is that it's very very slightly fishy, although that's going to make you think it's like tuna and it really isn't. Prawn cocktail is just the closest description I can think of, but only very very vaguely. It's just a strong, slightly sweet smell that I don't think is nice, but I'm not sure is normal. I've heard some girls naturally have a strong smell, and sometimes a bit fishy, and there's nothing wrong. But is that true? If it's normal, I guess I just have to accept it.
It's just the smell and texture that bothers me, I don't have any pain or itching. I went to my doctor before and all they did was test me for chlamidya.
I'm a virgin, if that makes a difference to what it could be/whether it's natural.
AnonymousOne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OP it sounds normal, but if you are worries then really just go and see your GP as they are much more qualified to answer questions like this, and its nothing they haven't heard or seen before.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anon or delete.
Okay, so I've been a bit worried about discharge for a while. When I get turned on, I get really wet. Obviously I know you're meant to get- ahem- lubricated, but is it literally meant to be watery? Obviously inside my vagina it's thicker, and that's what I thought it was meant to be like everywhere. I get the wateryness when I'm not turned on as well, but when I'm horny there's a lot more of it.
Is this normal?
It has a smell I don't like, as well. I can't really describe it. It's quite a strong smell. The closest decription I can give is that it's very very slightly fishy, although that's going to make you think it's like tuna and it really isn't. Prawn cocktail is just the closest description I can think of, but only very very vaguely. It's just a strong, slightly sweet smell that I don't think is nice, but I'm not sure is normal. I've heard some girls naturally have a strong smell, and sometimes a bit fishy, and there's nothing wrong. But is that true? If it's normal, I guess I just have to accept it.
It's just the smell and texture that bothers me, I don't have any pain or itching. I went to my doctor before and all they did was test me for chlamidya.
I'm a virgin, if that makes a difference to what it could be/whether it's natural.
OP I wouldn't worry about it. I kinda have the same thing, like when I get wet I really don't like the smell...but my boyfriend says he loves the smell and taste it and he loves going down on me etc. So I think that maybe it's just not an appealing smell to girls?! Lol. So yeah I wouldn't worry.
missaphrodite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Normal!!
Sparxy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anon or delete.
Is this normal?
Omg XD Prawn cocktail.. Sorry but I just pissed myself laughing over that.. So immature of me but just, meh..

All I can suggest is you go to the doctors again and just ask them to test you further, or get a better doctor.. Or personally insist there is something?

EDIT: Come to think of it, there's probably nothing even wrong with you? Your just incredibly horny and your 'liquids' just happen to not smell so good? Do you wash 'that area' with shower gel? I've heard a few girls to say just to use normal clear water, no shower gels or the likes.. :o:
wellisntitfor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It doesn't sound like there's even a problem. Some girls smell and taste of nothing much, some do quite a bit but it's usually a very compelling smell/taste. It wouldn't be much good if it wasn't, after all. And if your bf says he likes it, then there's no problem.
Pareesasa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
normal!!
Runaway987
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Fine op don't sweat it. One girl I know gets wet through her jeans...
sandro
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anon or delete.
Is this normal?
most women smell like that
AMZB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A strong fishy smell can sometimes indicate a bacterial infection. They tested you for chlamydia... but did they also check to see if you have a non-sexually transmitted infection? Bacterial vaginosis, that is?

Other than that, it could be just your natural smell. It's pretty normal for your vagina to lubricate a lot, and that's usually pretty watery. The thicker discharge you're getting is probably not vaginal lubrication but cervical mucous. Your cervix emits mucous that changes in its viscosity depending on where you are in your cycle. When you're close to ovulation, you'll notice it gets stretchier and more like egg whites, whereas other times it's creamy or sticky and often white in colour.
Lyds7
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Haha, the prawn cocktail made me laugh, sorry.

It's probably normal though.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 years ago
Some of u are going ott with this
martin101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sounds perfectly normal to me. Main thing to watch out for is if it is a funky colour - should be colourless. As for the smell, well thats pretty standard really, not everyone's cup of proverbial char, but so long as it really doesnt smell like rotting meat then its probably not a bad thing going on.
Anonymous #4
Report 11 years ago
Your normal don't worry. I dont like the smell down there either, but my boyfriend loves it, so im happy lol
Symranspussy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ll lick your pussy for you and tell you how it tastes xxxxxxxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (21)
8.75%
Confident (30)
12.5%
Indifferent (39)
16.25%
Unsure (65)
27.08%
Worried (85)
35.42%

Watched Threads