Sadness :( Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cazzi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i dont know if im just having a off day but i feel so hurt by my boyfriend today

hes just gone home and left me at college in tears. im not upset about much (time of month) but he wouldnt even stay for a few mins and cuddle me better. he just wanted to go home

The thing is that i tend to cry alot. and he always seems ok with it and hugs it away. But recently hes been so cold with me in that way i dunno whether its stress of exams or if hes really angry with me

please help i dunno what to do.
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
i dont know if im just having a off day but i feel so hurt by my boyfriend today

hes just gone home and left me at college in tears. im not upset about much (time of month) but he wouldnt even stay for a few mins and cuddle me better. he just wanted to go home

The thing is that i tend to cry alot. and he always seems ok with it and hugs it away. But recently hes been so cold with me in that way i dunno whether its stress of exams or if hes really angry with me

I don't want to sound harsh here, but maybe he's just gotten fed up of your emotionalness (if that's a word). I know I personally find it hard to be sympathetic for people who cry a lot. If I sound harsh don't get upset, but I also want you to know that I've been through a phase where I just cried and cried for no reason and eventually my friends got annoyed with me and told me to snap out of it and that brought me round and I don't do it anymore!
Cazzi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rebecca/Becca)
I don't want to sound harsh here, but maybe he's just gotten fed up of your emotionalness (if that's a word). I know I personally find it hard to be sympathetic for people who cry a lot. If I sound harsh don't get upset, but I also want you to know that I've been through a phase where I just cried and cried for no reason and eventually my friends got annoyed with me and told me to snap out of it and that brought me round and I don't do it anymore!
i do know...but ive been doing it much less recently as ive started to gain control of my hormones.

hes never really got annoyed before tho. most of the time he thinks im sweet when i cry.
Piggsil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i do know...but ive been doing it much less recently as ive started to gain control of my hormones.

hes never really got annoyed before tho. most of the time he thinks im sweet when i cry.
Aw he sounds like a nice guy then. Maybe he's just had a bad day or was particularly tired, don't get mad with him. Explain the way you feel to him and say you're sorry you do it but you're trying your best to stop and it will be fine!
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maybe he didn't want to make things worse by staying, it is easier to just let you get over it.
Cazzi
Rep:
?
(Original post by pikaboo)
Maybe he didn't want to make things worse by staying, it is easier to just let you get over it.
lol im awful tho i dont get over it for hours...silly me
saz_1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm quite harsh and unless someone is upset for a reason i cant be bothered. my friend was moaning to me yday how his gf (who is also one of my best friends) was faffing around and then getting all stressed and upset cos she hadn't done any work...well he was running away to starbucks because she was pissing him off by doing that.

tears only work every so often and you need to stop relying on him to make yourself feel better, you can do it on your own trust me have some chocolate
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol im awful tho i dont get over it for hours...silly me
Neither do I, I just let things fester and that is the worst thing you can do. Nip it in the bud next time
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Why do you rely on others to make you feel better? I mean, sure, cuddles are nice when you're down, but...well...there's only so far you can push people before they start to feel you take them for granted. Don't be so needy and stand on your own two feet.

Incidentally, he sounds like a nice guy. Appreciate what he does for you by all means, but to be honest it sounds like you've begun to expect it. Which isn't nice for anyone.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have to confess to (whilst at school) splitting up with someone because they seemed to break down in tears all the time. Unfortunately crying during an argument is seen by many men as an attempt at blackmail, especially if it occurs a lot. It's a bit like 'the boy who cried wolf'.
Cazzi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lozza)
tears only work every so often and you need to stop relying on him to make yourself feel better, you can do it on your own trust me have some chocolate
chocolate i wish....it dont help that i aint allowed any happy food....ona diet!
Cazzi
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChemistBoy)
I have to confess to (whilst at school) splitting up with someone because they seemed to break down in tears all the time. Unfortunately crying during an argument is seen by many men as an attempt at blackmail, especially if it occurs a lot. It's a bit like 'the boy who cried wolf'.
i wish men wouldnt think its blackmail :confused:
i was just purely upset cuz im in the middle of a 3 day exam and the stress got to me....ah well. im ok now
Piggsil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
chocolate i wish....it dont help that i aint allowed any happy food....ona diet!
You're allowed chocolate on a diet.......a square of Green&Blacks organic dark chocolate is all you need! It's so rich you won't want any more. Or have a really bright fruit salad! That always cheers me up!
Cazzi
Rep:
?
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
Why do you rely on others to make you feel better? I mean, sure, cuddles are nice when you're down, but...well...there's only so far you can push people before they start to feel you take them for granted. Don't be so needy and stand on your own two feet.

Incidentally, he sounds like a nice guy. Appreciate what he does for you by all means, but to be honest it sounds like you've begun to expect it. Which isn't nice for anyone.
i do appreciate what he does...but a hug isnt too much to ask tho is it? id try my best to make him happy if he was upset...

prob just the way men are!

but anyways thanks everyone...im calm now and happy. was just one of those silly hormonal swings....oh i wish i could rid of them!
Piggsil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i do appreciate what he does...but a hug isnt too much to ask tho is it? id try my best to make him happy if he was upset...

prob just the way men are!

but anyways thanks everyone...im calm now and happy. was just one of those silly hormonal swings....oh i wish i could rid of them!
I know it's tough sometimes, but if you feel yourself welling up, a good hing to do is breathe deeply (my answer to everything!!) and count to 10 slowly, and think of happy things!
Cazzi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rebecca/Becca)
You're allowed chocolate on a diet.......a square of Green&Blacks organic dark chocolate is all you need! It's so rich you won't want any more. Or have a really bright fruit salad! That always cheers me up!
i could....but not sure if i could convince my boyfriend into letting me. hes so dead set on keeping me on the straight and narrow on my diet (which i should see as a good thing)

But thats a whole other thread!!
Cazzi
Rep:
?
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I feel a bit sorry for guys sometimes, simply because we can get really emotional for "no reason" [see: periods] and they just really don't know what on earth they can do to make it better. It seems as if they're damned if they do and damned if they don't sometimes.

I hope you feel better though - don't take it personally, boyfriend might have had an off day too.
yeh i know. we're ok now....i pity anyone who has to put up with my mood swings!

im stressed and so is he cuz hes got a physics pratical exam tomorow.

i recon we'll be back to normal once all the exams are over
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed