The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LARA2005
People seem to have forgotton about basic instincts, when you start to go thorugh puberty your body has more hormones than at any other time in your life(apart from when you pregnant) of course humans have the ability to ignore instinct but its not always easy.

It's rarely just the hormones that push someone to lose their virginity. Losing your virginity has so much more social implications than biological ones. When you're young, the factors that stop you from just jumping in bed with the first scumbag that comes your way, are all social: what will people think of me? What will my boyfriend/girlfriend think of me? How will I feel the next day? Do I trust/have enough feelings for this person?

And in the case, you're not asking yourself any of those questions, you're heading down the path of getting a reputation and becoming quite unhappy due to your social ineptitude. The thing with underage sex is that the hormones are there but the social and emotional maturity are not, no matter how old someone feels.

I lost my virginity at an age that most people would call "ancient" and looking back, although for several years I was convinced I could handle something as serious as losing my virginity, I was just a kid emotionally. I probably could have chosen a better scenario for it to happen but no better scenarios were offering themselves to me.
xXMessedUpXx
*nods*

some people keep forgetting that

In american, IIRC, you can have sex at any age as long as theres no more than 4 years between both parties. Above 18 it becomes free to all...
Reply 162
I try to live my life to the fullest possible extent. I had my first sex with twelve, first got drunk at ten, smoked my first spliff at twelve and took my first line of coke at 14. I can't say that I regret anything I have ever done. By now (i am 17 now) I have had sex with about 13 girls, taken pretty much every drug known to mankind and generally had a lot of fun.

I think you should always keep in mind that every day could be your last - make the best out of it!

To be honest, I also don't think that there is such a thing as a "bad experience" (apart from maybe being abducted raped and tortured by your own dad). Everything I've been through has formed me into the person I am now, and I am proud of that. Therefore I don't think there is anything wrong with having sex as early as ten. If you think that is a good idea at the time than why not do it?

Ohh, and to all who think I am some hopeless junkie: I got 7A* and 5As at GCSE and I am predicted straight As at AS + A2

MoCC
Reply 163
MoCC
I try to live my life to the fullest possible extent. I had my first sex with twelve, first got drunk at ten, smoked my first spliff at twelve and took my first line of coke at 14. I can't say that I regret anything I have ever done. By now (i am 17 now) I have had sex with about 13 girls, taken pretty much every drug known to mankind and generally had a lot of fun.

I think you should always keep in mind that every day could be your last - make the best out of it!

To be honest, I also don't think that there is such a thing as a "bad experience" (apart from maybe being abducted raped and tortured by your own dad). Everything I've been through has formed me into the person I am now, and I am proud of that. Therefore I don't think there is anything wrong with having sex as early as ten. If you think that is a good idea at the time than why not do it?

Ohh, and to all who think I am some hopeless junkie: I got 7A* and 5As at GCSE and I am predicted straight As at AS + A2

MoCC

So your idea of 'having fun' is to take drugs?
Just because someone hasn't lost their virginity, got drunk or taken drugs that doesn't mean they haven't lived their life to the full. Personally I've never even touched a cigarette, let alone a line of coke and I still feel that my life so far has been happy fun and full.
And you can still be a waster with good grades. I know a man who got a first in his degree but was a coke addict and then he died because he took an OD.
Reply 164
Rebecca/Becca
So your idea of 'having fun' is to take drugs?
Just because someone hasn't lost their virginity, got drunk or taken drugs that doesn't mean they haven't lived their life to the full. Personally I've never even touched a cigarette, let alone a line of coke and I still feel that my life so far has been happy fun and full.
And you can still be a waster with good grades. I know a man who got a first in his degree but was a coke addict and then he died because he took an OD.

Although I don't entirely agree with taking huge amounts of drugs and having promiscuous sex at a young age (or any age I guess), I think there is a lot to be said for 'living life to the full' so to speak. Young people may be emotionally damaged from some of their experiences but that isn't any more 'unhealthy' for someone that, say, agonising over your emotions/morals/political views for 5 hours at a time on an internet forum when you should be out actually living.
Reply 165
puppy
Although I don't entirely agree with taking huge amounts of drugs and having promiscuous sex at a young age (or any age I guess), I think there is a lot to be said for 'living life to the full' so to speak. Young people may be emotionally damaged from some of their experiences but that isn't any more 'unhealthy' for someone that, say, agonising over your emotions/morals/political views for 5 hours at a time on an internet forum when you should be out actually living.

I'd rather my kids were posting on internet forums than out taking drugs, getting drunk and putting themselves at risk of getting pregnant or catching STDs.
Reply 166
puppy

Can't I do both? :p:
Reply 167
@jd27 :smile:

no no, please don't get me wrong. I don't think that drugs and sex are the only ways to have fun.

My way of describing "living life to the fullest" is taking risk combined with
making your own independent choices. e.g. I have decided never to try heroin or crack. Now, this decision is not based on what i was taught as a child, or what the media tries to make me belief (i.e. drugs are bad), but rather out of both scientific research as well as first hand experience with addicts. Or taking risks such as, when I, after a night in various clubs in London, got into the car of a person I just met seconds before and drove out to his house in the countryside with him. It turned out he was a brilliant jazz musician and we jammed until the sun came up.

For me, I cannot imagine anything worse than living an "ordinary" life.

PS: ohh, about STD's... Condoms are a must!
Reply 168
jd27
Can't I do both? :p:

Yeah, but only if you're cool like me. Don't worry, i'll teach you how to be as awesome as me at Bryanston...
Reply 169
puppy
Yeah, but only if you're cool like me. Don't worry, i'll teach you how to be as awesome as me at Bryanston...

Great. And I can teach you to be as arrogant as me... I hear it's coming back in fashion! :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending