Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You know your U.C.A.S. application number and password and dont have to look it up every time that you log in!

Seriously...why does a University send me a letter saying they are about to make me an offer through U.C.A.S. and then days later I am still waiting .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    You know your U.C.A.S. application number and password and dont have to look it up every time that you log in!

Seriously...why does a University send me a letter saying they are about to make me an offer through U.C.A.S. and then days later I am still waiting .
    I could quite happily type my UCAS number and password nearly 4 years after applying, funnily enough though, I can never remember it when I have to write it down by hand on my exam papers (its now my uni stuednt number) and always have to check it on my student card!

I can still remember the speech from Romeo and Julliet I was forced to learn by heart at the age of 13, 7 years ago, I think thats quite sad. "Oh she doth teach the tourched to burn bright, it seems she hangs upon the cheek of night....."
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Because the admissions tutor has to tell the admissions secretary, who inputs it onto the departmental database and fills in the appropriate hard copy forms which are forwarded through the internal mail to the central admissions office (1-2 days), the central admissions office then inputs the decision onto the central admissions system (1-2 days) which is then communicated electronically to UCAS (1 day).

Oh and I can still remember my student number - 4-98061666...always an easy one to remember anyway. At royal holloway I was zhfb154 (geology undergrad 1st yr No 154). "The leaders of the greeks, shattered by war and driven back by the fates, build, by divine rights of minerva, an enormous wooden horse" :yawn: and I didn't even do latin GCSE - this was the passage my sister had to memorise in 1993 and I can still remember it

ReputationRep:
    I can still remember the greek alphabet from year 4 - 10 years ago now.

ReputationRep:
    Its amazing what people pick up and commit to memory! I know so much useless rubbish, that must be why there isn't enough room in my head to remember stuff about maths!

ReputationRep:
    When I was in y9 our biology teacher forced our entire class to learn the complete, balanced chemical equation for photosynthesis and tested us on it. At the time i remember thinking it was the hardest thing ever and hated having to learn it.
    Since that day I think i've used it in almost every biology exam I have sat including in sixth form and its stuck in my head perfectly. I don't remember the word equation for pps, or the equation for resperation i just work out them all from the chemical equation for photsynthesis lol.

I don't think I'll ever forget it and its been so useful, I'm now extremely thankful to that teacher, even though we didn't really need to know it at the time....I didn't even understand it, I just learnt it

ReputationRep:
    I know it's sad...but i also know my UCAS number and password by heart! Tho i am quite good at remembering numbers anyhow...

ReputationRep:
    That's nothing really. I got a letter back from one of the colleges at Durham saying they'd made me an offer (AAB). This came through at 5.00pm (when we never get post) and seemed a bit strange. Anyway, two days later I got a letter through from the maths department saying thanks for applying and we will give you an offer or not in two weeks or so. UCAS has finally updated today, one and a half months after the original letter saying I'd got an offer, so I wouldn't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    I learned my UCAS no and password the day I got it so I would never have to search though my piles of paper looking for it!

ReputationRep:
    I know my UCAS number and password by heart too...aswell as Lewis Caroll's Jabberwocky which I had to learn for my English Speaking Board exam when I was 13..."Twas brillig and the slithy tove did gyre and gimble in the wabe..."

ReputationRep:

Yes, I am officially sad. I can reel off my number and password like lightning. It's pathetic

ReputationRep:
    yep..i can remember mine too.
    but it's quite useful cos i just loose everythin anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Yes, I am officially sad. I can reel off my number and password like lightning. It's pathetic
    Yap...without even thinking!!

ReputationRep:
    I can still remember mine from last year. trust me, by next february, you would have looked it up so many times it will be permanently burned into your memory.

ReputationRep:

i know people/losers who check their ucas on the net several times a day and even use wap, they are kinda sad in my eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    i know people/losers who check their ucas on the net several times a day and even use wap, they are kinda sad in my eyes
    I'm not sad. Actually, I haven't tried wap...*gets excited*

How do you know your eyes see people in the correct light?

ReputationRep:
    i saved my ucas # onto a txt file on my pc so i can open it and copy it in when i want to have a look (which isnt often). why waste memory in your brain when youve already paid for memory in your pc?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I'm not sad. Actually, I haven't tried wap...*gets excited*

How do you know your eyes see people in the correct light?
    Wap is crap. Just felt like saying that.

Well however his eyes may see things it's got to be better than me at the moment, feeling a bit merry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Wap is crap. Just felt like saying that.
    Yep...it so is. I can't think of a time I've used wap productively. Most of the time it's me trying to be adventurous while running up a huge bill!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i saved my ucas # onto a txt file on my pc so i can open it and copy it in when i want to have a look (which isnt often). why waste memory in your brain when youve already paid for memory in your pc?!
    Hahahaha, wasting memory. What a bizarre concept

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.