The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why don't we call you 'Nick Griffin 2'?
Yes it is full of Indians :yes:

But they are there for the job prospects...all I seen was them doing the manual work.

If you aren't arab, have a degree or white...you will likely have a manual labour job in Dubai.
Reply 3
Who do you think builds the buildings?
Reply 4
InvoluntarySlacker

But they are there for the job prospects...all I seen was them doing the manual work.

If you aren't arab, have a degree or white...you will likely have a manual labour job in Dubai.

This definitely, still Dubai is a nice place to visit.
We Gettin' Arab Money
Reply 6
ibs137
why don't we call you 'Nick Griffin 2'?

When 90% of the UK population are foreigners (like Dubai now), then am sure you will vote for Nick Griffin
Reply 7
It's true that in the Emirates there are actually huge amounts of immigrants living over there (and we complain!). Most of them just do manual labour or work in McDonalds though. It's pretty sad, too, they get a LOT of racism aimed at them - basically if you're not Arab or western, be prepared to be discriminated against. When I went to visit my dad, we saw a group of Pakistanis get kicked of the beach for no particular reason. Sad times :frown:
Reply 8
arent there a lot of chinese people there too?
Reply 9
InvoluntarySlacker

Not always, Indians also work in top ranks in Dubai (Doctors, financial Advicers, Marketing Consultants, etc) go there for yourself and see how the whole country is run by Indians
Reply 10
Media student
When 90% of the UK population are foreigners (like Dubai now), then am sure you will vote for Nick Griffin

Get it right - it's 40%. I would never ever vote for Nick Griffin, and claims that we will EVER get to the same immigration stage as Dubai/the Emirates are ridiculous - it only happens there because they are a fast developing country, who also happen to have oil. Tbh they NEED that much immigration, for growth.
There's people from all over the globe there it's one of the most modernised place in the world
tom//

not as much, there are a lot of westerners too, but Indians are like 60% of dubai, the rest are a mixture
tom//

No, there are alot of Thai people and other people from surrounding islands.
Media student
Not always, Indians also work in top ranks in Dubai (Doctors, financial Advicers, Marketing Consultants, etc) go there for yourself and see how the whole country is run by Indians

What did I say...all them jobs require degrees.
nadiah
Get it right - it's 40%. I would never ever vote for Nick Griffin, and claims that we will EVER get to the same immigration stage as Dubai/the Emirates are ridiculous - it only happens there because they are a fast developing country, who also happen to have oil. Tbh they NEED that much immigration, for growth.

Work force (2006) 2.968 million (93% foreign in 15-64 age group): Agriculture--2.3%; industry--61.9%; services--35.8%.

Thats 93%
InvoluntarySlacker
What did I say...all them jobs require degrees.

They dont just do the manual work like you said
Reply 17
and the problem is?
there wouldnt be a dubai as we know it without them
Reply 19
Media student

Go away xx

Latest

Trending

Trending