ArchiBoi
any one here going to dundee?

Yep they're my firm choice for Law :smile:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
I am a current student. S'great!
Reply 3
If you are coming to Dundee University and want some friendly students to help you find out information, show you around or chat about things then contact Peer Connections. Further information at this link www.dundee.ac.uk/studentservices/pconnect/
cheers
Joan
Reply 4
... or go down the pub. Either/or.

(Dundee, Law, just finished 1st year)
Reply 5
lol libertines dundee review kick ass!
Reply 6
LibertineNorth
... or go down the pub. Either/or.

(Dundee, Law, just finished 1st year)

In dundee. Found that to be a fatal mistake! the booze is so damn cheap your always drinking :wink:

although goto oneils for a great burger :wink:
Reply 7
In dundee. Found that to be a fatal mistake! the booze is so damn cheap your always drinking

Haha! True enough! You been to that bar on Perth road that's got a cage in front of it? looks bloody terrifying but is really nice when you get in. Cheap and massive beer garden!

Does everyone on this thread love the city? I live here and I've always thought it was a bit pants.
Reply 8
moggsy
Haha! True enough! You been to that bar on Perth road that's got a cage in front of it? looks bloody terrifying but is really nice when you get in. Cheap and massive beer garden!

Does everyone on this thread love the city? I live here and I've always thought it was a bit pants.

I dont recall that bar :rolleyes: :wink:
not sure if I have visited it though, sounds interesting in a torture chamber sort of way :wink:

Well dundee isnt too bad, but then I took it in moderation, and well I do live in fife :wink:
Reply 9
We thought we were going to get shot going into it, but it's full of students. Art Bar and beat Bar are cool too
Reply 10
I think you mean Laings or whatever. It's on the Roseangle rather than Perth Rd proper... and I think the cage is supposed to be artistic or something (?)
Reply 11
oo a long lost thread is revived, lets not let the glasgow peeps have us again
Reply 12
By the way, on the burger front above - how can anyone mention O'Neills without Popl Nero?! It's right next to the Uni, it's got nice couches and does something like 30 different kinds of burger... one particularly grand one had four different kinds of cheese. Being a great lover of cheese, I was in heaven.

Oh, and go order the haddock and chips at Braes... amazing, and the salad on the side... dunno what sort of dressing they use, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Does anyone know anything about the supposed food-serving places in some of the uni buildings? I heard there was one in the basement of an engineering building or something, but being a lawyer I've never ventured into such places.
Reply 13
LibertineNorth
By the way, on the burger front above - how can anyone mention O'Neills without Popl Nero?! It's right next to the Uni, it's got nice couches and does something like 30 different kinds of burger... one particularly grand one had four different kinds of cheese. Being a great lover of cheese, I was in heaven.

Oh, and go order the haddock and chips at Braes... amazing, and the salad on the side... dunno what sort of dressing they use, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Does anyone know anything about the supposed food-serving places in some of the uni buildings? I heard there was one in the basement of an engineering building or something, but being a lawyer I've never ventured into such places.

Being an abertayer going there was a bit of a walk, oneils was closer :wink:

In abertay there is a few cafes and on the top floor the catering students have thier very own restaraunt
Reply 14
LibertineNorth
I think you mean Laings or whatever. It's on the Roseangle rather than Perth Rd proper... and I think the cage is supposed to be artistic or something (?)

i can practically see Laings from my house next year (we're trying to figure out if we can climb the garden walls to get home)

they had rats earlier int he year and nearly got shut down :rolleyes: but apparently they're fine now

lou xxx
Starting at Dundee in September... staying at West Park Villas. Yes, the one with a building getting torn down outside. Yay! About time too my mate lived in West Park Halls, it was a bit of a hole. And when I stayed there I had to eat this absolutely rancid curry.

Starting my freshers... err... month on the 21st of August. Yes month. My friend now has a house up there, so I'm going to stay with him for a few weeks before I move into accomodation. It is possible that I might not actually make it to Uni... but at least I'll go out in style! In a pool of my own vomit! Hardcore!

Hmm, anyway so... Party at my mate's house and you're all invited. :eek:
Reply 16
lou p
they had rats earlier int he year and nearly got shut down :rolleyes: but apparently they're fine now

Apparently so did the kebab shop on Perth Road... Shaheen or something like that... twice! And no 'nearly' in shutting down terms neither. Rather disturbingly, it still seemed attractive after a few too many at the ole Speedwell Bar.

Starting at Dundee in September... staying at West Park Villas. Yes, the one with a building getting torn down outside. Yay! About time too my mate lived in West Park Halls, it was a bit of a hole. And when I stayed there I had to eat this absolutely rancid curry.

Yep, about bloody time. Seeing it getting flattened really raised a sly grin. The curry wasn't that bad... compared to some of the other slop.
LibertineNorth
Apparently so did the kebab shop on Perth Road... Shaheen or something like that... twice! And no 'nearly' in shutting down terms neither. Rather disturbingly, it still seemed attractive after a few too many at the ole Speedwell Bar.

Yep, about bloody time. Seeing it getting flattened really raised a sly grin. The curry wasn't that bad... compared to some of the other slop.

There was worse than that curry?? I don't even know what it was, it definately wasn't chicken, possibly some sort of synthetic chicken tofu. Overboiled bland boiled rice and a curry sauce that was quite simply indescribable. Luckily they no longer have ANY catered accomodation, so I'll be living on pasta, beer and Jack Daniels for a while. Possibly all in one bowl. But West Park Halls The Next Generation is due to open in 2008(?) isn't it? I get the pleasure of a building site outside my window (villas) this year.
Reply 18
Well, their beef stroganoff (sp?) was particularly terrible. In fact so was anything described as 'beef'. I imagine the leather on my boots would be easier to chew.

Anyway, I'm in Dundee now and wondering if anyone's seen what they've done to Tally's. It's bloody awful, it looks trendy now! I mean really, the charm of the place is that you can barely stand up, it's loud and hot, and that it looks like the paintwork was done while the Germans were dropping bombs...
oh, and it's actually officially called 'Tally's' now. Tsk.

LibertineNorth

Anyway, I'm in Dundee now and wondering if anyone's seen what they've done to Tally's. It's bloody awful, it looks trendy now! I mean really, the charm of the place is that you can barely stand up, it's loud and hot, and that it looks like the paintwork was done while the Germans were dropping bombs...
oh, and it's actually officially called 'Tally's' now. Tsk.

I'm heading up a week on Sunday. Finally got all the various bits of bloody paperwork finished. Get this - today they sent me a letter saying "Please return this form with two passport sized photographs within 24 hours of recieving this letter" :eek:. I just had to sign the letter and send the photos I don't even know what it was about... I think they just like making me jump through hoops. I had a mad rush today to get passport photos taken (and they're really bad), and get them in the post before 5pm. But, it's all done now, all I have to do is turn up at the Uni. I hope. Unless tomorrow I get a letter sending me on some other pointless and costly quest. £3.50 for passport photos. Jesus christ.

Latest

Trending

Trending