Turn on thread page Beta

Sciences or languages at GCSE? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your advice
    I'm still a bit confused about what to do though...I haven't done Sats so I can't really use that to decide, although I will be having exams in every subject after half term...

We handed in our choices in March, but apparently they haven't done any time-tabling yet so I could still change, but only if I'm quick about it.

I'm feeling slightly steered towards triple science at the moment but I'm still not sure!

So thanks for all your help, people on this forum are so nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I did double science, but even though I had 3 papers, they were all mixed. At the time, I thought it would be easier to have one for each science so I'd only have to revise one before each exam, but at least it meant there were some questions on each paper I could answer.
    yeah, in physics there were (small) bits that I knew, but the rest i was just sitting there going er..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilipad)
    i'd say double science, french and spanish, because u dont need triple science to do well at a level and its good to have languages
    *agrees*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *steph 247*)
    yeah, in physics there were (small) bits that I knew, but the rest i was just sitting there going er..........
    I would have been like that in biology lol.

ReputationRep:
    I would have been like that in biology lol.
    i found bio easiest!!! too much maths in physics! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    See, the Maths parts are the only thing I can really do in Physics :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie47)
    See, the Maths parts are the only thing I can really do in Physics :rolleyes:
    should've teamed up! would've aced it!

ReputationRep:
    I found biology the hardest because it's the most sciency, if that makes sense. All long words and complicated diagrams. Chemistry and physics were easier- just basic maths like equations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Gutted

No Future! lol. Funny thing is, English and History are my favorite subjects, but for some reason I came over all Scientific there! Triple Science really has made me enjoy it a lot more.
    You serious?! I'm glad I did triple science, but English and history are by far my favourite subjects too! (Well, maybe bio too, but less so).

ReputationRep:
    I found biology the hardest because it's the most sciency, if that makes sense. All long words and complicated diagrams. Chemistry and physics were easier- just basic maths like equations
    ah yes, but for bio the only thing you really have to do is learn long words and facts! for chem and physics, you actually have to work things out for yourself...

ReputationRep:
    You serious?! I'm glad I did triple science, but English and history are by far my favourite subjects too! (Well, maybe bio too, but less so).
    Well that basically is me! My favorite subjects in order are: English (by like a mile), History and then Biology. I'm taking Chemistry, for I reason I haven't yet figured out!?!

Definately agree with what people say about Physics just being Maths. It's absolutely horrid, tis the reason I'm not taking it. I hate the way there's gonna be Maths in AS Chem as well. Grr...Biology is way the best (and easiest!) Science.

Take Triple Science!

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.