The Student Room Group

Quitting Mcdonalds after 2/3weeks

Just been working for mcdonalds for week and abit now, seriously thinking about quitting the job since i absolutely hate the workload for the amount of pay you get. But since the probation period is 21 days, it is not too much hassle to quit? Need help guys n gals.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol its **** isnt it? :/

nobody knows how hard it is. its like slave labour!
Man. Up.
i know a girl who quit on her first day
Just don't go back. If you're still on probation then it shouldn't matter, just phone them and say you're leaving - they'll find a replacement soon enough, anyway.
Reply 5
My interview for them is next monday :frown: 36 hours a week.....
Reply 6
I worked in KFC for 6 hours, then never returned.
Reply 7
kyzuna
Just been working for mcdonalds for week and abit now, seriously thinking about quitting the job since i absolutely hate the workload for the amount of pay you get. But since the probation period is 21 days, it is not too much hassle to quit? Need help guys n gals.

Thanks

Ask yourself: "And what else am I going to do, instead?"
Better now than later I suppose.

But a job is a job, and good luck finding one elsewhere.
Reply 9
It's ***** but think of how hard it will be to find another job. I quit mcdonalds a few months later but if i had it now i'd stick at it.
Reply 10
i know what u guys mean but im going to look for another one, if not then im not fussed, probs end up on hols. To be honest, after my interview with mcdonalds and got my job, toys r us and john lewis rang for interview so maybe i hav lost my chances there but im sure i can get a better job with the retail experience i had before anyway than mcdonalds.
Reply 11
oh yea, since its my probation period, do i need to still have 1 week notice? thx
Reply 12
kyzuna
oh yea, since its my probation period, do i need to still have 1 week notice? thx

If you want to be paid, yes.
Reply 13
Mad Vlad
If you want to be paid, yes.

But you can tell the boss upfront using facebook from your macbook pro! :awesome:
Wish they'd ******* hire me tbh.
Reply 15
giran
But you can tell the boss upfront using facebook from your macbook pro! :awesome:

Are you trying to make me get out Mr. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU? :p:
Reply 16
Mad Vlad
Are you trying to make me get out Mr. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU? :p:

Yes! :gigg:
Reply 17
Yeah but surely you knew the workload you would have to face and the rubbish pay they recieve, as everyone jokes about the weak pay there. Have you never been inside there, and noted the fact that the guys there are constantly working? im just saying, i think you should stick it out, at least until you get another job. I mean money is money and even though its little, its still better than nothing.
Could you tell me a bit more about why its so bad because I was thinking of applyin there soon and don't want to if im gonna be miserable.
Reply 19
errr I worked in a chip shop in a tourist area....much worse pay...much more work and boy do I wish I could do it now.

If you have the money not to work then quit....personally I'm considering selling a kidney.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending