Turn on thread page Beta

Spanish Listening... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who else did it? Was it just me or was the question on Manolo: "chico de calle" pretty hard? (OCR) and the question about Yolanda and some guy at the airport..

ReputationRep:
    Only person doing Spanish??

ReputationRep:
    i thought the exam was quite easy apart from that 10 mark question on emotions, did i hear the girl say her grandma bought a moterbike!

The last question was impposible as usual for me, the one abouts the sports center.

A* will probably be about 42/50, but last year it was 36/50

ReputationRep:
    i do spanish as well but mine is AQA!!! is it hard overall though???

ReputationRep:
    I did it. Extremely easy the first couple were, but then it started to go downhill when I did the box ticking ones. I knew I got two of the last question right because my teacher, who is a crazy Spaniard, did the exam as well when we were doing it, and we checked our answers (after handing it in, of course)

The answers for the last one btw were

1) Can't remember
    2) Mayor refused to meet them
    3) A healthier life
    -pause-
    4) They don't pay taxes
    5) The majority support them.

I also found the 10 marker tricky, but I probably got 6/7. Most of the descriptions were similar, and I also knew all the meanings and what were the people speaking about, but I just couldn't work it out.

Ah well, Spanish Reading tomorrow.

Is anyone else for the writing plan on using the Future Perfect, the Conditional Perfect and Subjunctive? And I still don't understand the differences between perfect and preterite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icy_shadow2006)
    i thought the exam was quite easy apart from that 10 mark question on emotions, did i hear the girl say her grandma bought a moterbike!

The last question was impposible as usual for me, the one abouts the sports center.

A* will probably be about 42/50, but last year it was 36/50
    Yes, so she was surprised! That was okay, I just got confused whether they wanted you to say how the person talking was feeling, or how the person the person was talking about was feeling...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edward393)
    I did it. Extremely easy the first couple were, but then it started to go downhill when I did the box ticking ones. I knew I got two of the last question right because my teacher, who is a crazy Spaniard, did the exam as well when we were doing it, and we checked our answers (after handing it in, of course)

The answers for the last one btw were

1) Can't remember
    2) Mayor refused to meet them
    3) A healthier life
    -pause-
    4) They don't pay taxes
    5) The majority support them.

I also found the 10 marker tricky, but I probably got 6/7. Most of the descriptions were similar, and I also knew all the meanings and what were the people speaking about, but I just couldn't work it out.

Ah well, Spanish Reading tomorrow.

Is anyone else for the writing plan on using the Future Perfect, the Conditional Perfect and Subjunctive? And I still don't understand the differences between perfect and preterite.
    Yes, it was okay apart from the ticking boxes ones. Damn, I thought I'd got the last page all right, meh...

Hah, we've never done the future perfect etc. I'm sticking with simple present, preterite, imperfect and future. Preterite is like, "I went..." whereas imperfect is "I was going"....Oh damn, you said perfect...

ReputationRep:
    well we did the reading, rather easy.

ReputationRep:
    Listening was ok the last question was hard indeed! and reading was quite good too!

I really dont understand what perfect and all that crap is but i do know how to write in spanish lolol perdona pero estas palabras me confide mucho y paso prenderlo, ustedes como vais a escribir en espanol para el examen escrito? senarme un ejemplo por favor?

Adios

De John Wood

ReputationRep:
    I tried to translate that and pienso que tu quieres algunas ayudas sobre los tensos espanoles.

Present: x does something (B Grade)
    Preterite: x did something (B Grade)
    Future: x will do something (B Grade)

Imperfect: x was something (A grade)

Perfect: x has done something (A* grade)
    Conditional: x would do something (A* grade)
    Pluperfect: x had done something (A* grade)

Future perfect: x will have done something (A-Level)
    Conditional: x would have done something (A-Level)

Puedes encontrar mas informacion en el Internet, por ejemplo puedes buscar en Google para "Spanish Verb Tenses" etc

Saludos

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand lol... do we need to include accents in GCSE writing my teacher says it's not necessary!?

From John Wood

ReputationRep:
    Accents are required if there are two words which are spelt the same and can only be differentiated with an accent, and is required with verbs in the preterite and present. e.g. ar verbs - hablo can be I speak or he/she/it spoke. You need an accent on the o to make it preterite.

ReputationRep:
    oh i see you sure know a lot of spanish stuff, btw whats preteriote or whatever it is?

Thanks

Byeee

From John Wood

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2005

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.