TSR Model Parliament and UN: interested? Watch

This discussion is closed.
amandaliu
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
Though so many words i cannot understand, parliment is needed and it will make the forum more interesting i think.
Sweyn Forkbeard
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wouldn't mind being in a model Parliament. I'd probably be one of those back-benchers who turns up late though. :rolleyes:
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can everyone who's willing to participate in the TSR Parliament say which party they want to be MPs for?

Also, would the Green and Monster parties prefer to be separate or would they join one of the larger parties for the sake of efficiency?
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
Er... Lib Dem PM, please. :p:
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
Er... Lib Dem PM, please. :p:
You sure you don't want to defect?
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Umm, I've changed my political opinions a lot recently, but I'd quite like to be a LibDem MP. hehe
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyone who would like to be a Labour party MP could you join the party on the following page and then come and talk about what your opinions are and what you want to do in the Labour party forum.
Syntax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wouldn't mind being in a model Parliament. I'd probably be one of those back-benchers who turns up late though.
Yah me too.. along with constantly defying the whips and voting against my party.. if I was Labour that is.

How does one go about joining the party of their choice (Lib Dem in my case) ?
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Syntax)
Yah me too.. along with constantly defying the whips and voting against my party.. if I was Labour that is.

How does one go about joining the party of their choice (Lib Dem in my case) ?
Go to User CP (top left of screen), then go to Group Membership (bottom left of that screen), and then choose Join Group for whichever party you want.

P.S. Everyone who said they'd like to join either the Model Parliament of UN, there are now forums for both of them. You might want to go there before your favorite country/party is taken.
Dexnell
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Please go an sign in the forums, there are located under the discussion and debate forum. We have quite a few people for the Un so go quick and pick your country. We need more people for the parliment so join a party, if you haven't done so and head to the Model parliment forums. Please also check your party forums for updates.
Mrs P
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ribomania)
Hi I nwas Bahrain in the last BISMUN what comittee were you in? Oh and say hi to a brown haired mad chair girl called Lauren in belfast, say its from Josh at Bath in 2004

I was Croatia in UNCHR 2. Had some really quite amusing debates and an incident with a stuffed camel....
Will of course say hello to lauren if I meet her/am in her committee, as long as she'll remember you and wont (as a result of having no idea who you are) look at me funny.
x.
Mrs P
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=The Hunter]i was at the last MUN - im an irishman! o aye...go to MCB, (methodist college belfast)...hu u representin?[/QUOTE

I go to Hayesfield School in Bath but dont know what country yet but hopefully a nice fascist country - they're always a bit of fun.

Irish you say.....
puk2184
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oohhh i would like to be in the model un if poss???
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t112518-2.html
Dexnell
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anybody can join just go the the Model UN or forum or the link above.
liltrenton
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
hisup
viva
Report 13 years ago
definately a good. May be i can be of some help. I was part of my local Youth Parliament Society.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by viva)
definately a good. May be i can be of some help. I was part of my local Youth Parliament Society.
Excellent...go down in to the Modle Parliament forum in the D&D section so you can discuss things there...I think we are getting toward a point where we can start, but we might wait till may people have their exams out of the way for the opening, but we still want to get everythign set up...it sounds like you migth have some good ideas.
Dexnell
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh youth Parliament, great! Then you should have a key idea on what should be happening. Make sure to join a party, in your user CP.
mkenani
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well....sounds lovely.
but iam from Africa and i think that you would need a representative from here....what do you you think?
ive taken part in UN stuff and i had friends from MUN and i think that i would fit right in. if you are serious then it will take alot of work..
count me in>>??????????
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (35)
17.24%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (86)
42.36%
Nope, not that interesting (82)
40.39%

Watched Threads