Turn on thread page Beta

American accusations against George Galloway (Respect) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What is the deal with these American Senate accusations against George Galloway? What right do the Americans have to accuse one of Britains, that is Britain: America's biggest ally, member's of parliament?

What is it going to prove if anything? What can happen? I honestly see it surprising that he actually went to see them, he didn't have to.

ReputationRep:
    in the main newsclip of Galloway talking to the committee thats on the bbc watch the faces of the people in the background when he starts ****ging the American government off. The looks are priceless!

ReputationRep:
    some woman was nodding and smiling

ReputationRep:
    The whole affair is simply a Republican attempt to discredit anyone who is anti-war and especially someone as successful as Galloway in his attack of the government. Fortunately Galloway's not a pussy and I expect he'll have a thing or two to tell the pen pushers who wrote this "report". I wonder if he'll be able to get money out of them like he did with the Torygraph... Hope so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alcohol5%)
    What is the deal with these American Senate accusations against George Galloway? What right do the Americans have to accuse one of Britains, that is Britain: America's biggest ally, member's of parliament?

What is it going to prove if anything? What can happen? I honestly see it surprising that he actually went to see them, he didn't have to.
    Galloway came willingly. I don't see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    The whole affair is simply a Republican attempt to discredit anyone who is anti-war and especially someone as successful as Galloway in his attack of the government. Fortunately Galloway's not a pussy and I expect he'll have a thing or two to tell the pen pushers who wrote this "report". I wonder if he'll be able to get money out of them like he did with the Torygraph... Hope so.
    He was absolutely magnificent today. Brilliant. The senate committee were gobsmacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    He was absolutely magnificent today. Brilliant. The senate committee were gobsmacked.
    Yes. I think they've bitten off more than they can chew. To be honest I expect they wanted his name to be linked to Saddam Hussein in the global media to discredit him and then be done with it. I doubt they expected him to fight back.

ReputationRep:
    Yah.. I was also highly amused that a Senate Report was just released, about how the U.S admin turned a blind eye to, and even encouraged, illegal oil sales. Apparently US oil purchases made up for something like 52% of the whole oil-for-food programme, more than the rest of the world put together. So much for their accusations about the corruption of Galloway, Kofi Annan and others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syntax)
    Yah.. I was also highly amused that a Senate Report was just released, about how the U.S admin turned a blind eye to, and even encouraged, illegal oil sales. Apparently US oil purchases made up for something like 52% of the whole oil-for-food programme, more than the rest of the world put together. So much for their accusations about the corruption of Galloway, Kofi Annan and others.
    America's purchase of Iraqi oil was legal. That was the intent of the Oil-For-Food program. What was not legal is how the Iraqi government determined which companies would have the right to sell the Iraqi oil and in what quantities. America was guilty of turning a blind eye on this issue, but it wasn't the one making illegal transactions. That was done by Russia, Turkey, Syria, and Jordan.

ReputationRep:
    Someone has just mentioned how brilliant he was today. I'd like to add to that - I've never ever clapped whilst watching a TV show before (on my own too!), he was fantastically excellent. Absolutely brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    I think I will write to him and tell him what I think of him, I've never done that before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    America's purchase of Iraqi oil was legal. That was the intent of the Oil-For-Food program. What was not legal is how the Iraqi government determined which companies would have the right to sell the Iraqi oil and in what quantities. America was guilty of turning a blind eye on this issue, but it wasn't the one making illegal transactions. That was done by Russia, Turkey, Syria, and Jordan.
    But of course, America being in the position they regard themselves being in, and even the position they are in means that they should know better and should not be turning a blind eye!

The problem I was trying to get at, with regard to your earlier post was that the US Senate is getting far too big for its own boots when it starts throwing accusations at the MPs of it's biggest ally!

ReputationRep:
    I just loved this statement made by him

"Mr Galloway said he had met Saddam Hussein on two occasions - the same number of times as US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld."

"The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and maps - the better to target those guns. I met him to try to bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war," he said.

great job man we need ppl like you to ans ***** like Rumsfield

ReputationRep:
    But of course, America being in the position they regard themselves being in, and even the position they are in means that they should know better and should not be turning a blind eye!

The problem I was trying to get at, with regard to your earlier post was that the US Senate is getting far too big for its own boots when it starts throwing accusations at the MPs of it's biggest ally!
    You make it sound like Galloway has any support from Blair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    You make it sound like Galloway has any support from Blair.
    I never said that at all. Galloway is one of the British people's representatives.

Have you heard wot the Senators said? Well he could be lying and that will have consequences. Lol, Lying under oath to the Senate could get a year in prison for Galloway, but like they would DARE! go down that path, let allow try to put him in prison.

It is just a joke really!

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I am disgusted at the Senate Commitee! They have acted like a child shouting out names to another person in a school playground: so everyone can hear!

ReputationRep:
    I never said that at all. Galloway is one of the British people's representatives.

Have you heard wot the Senators said? Well he could be lying and that will have consequences. Lol, Lying under oath to the Senate could get a year in prison for Galloway, but like they would DARE! go down that path, let allow try to put him in prison.

It is just a joke really!
    Well there are a few members of the American Congress that I wouldn't mind seeing embarassed or worse in another country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janealams)
    I just loved this statement made by him

"Mr Galloway said he had met Saddam Hussein on two occasions - the same number of times as US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld."

"The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and maps - the better to target those guns. I met him to try to bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war," he said.
    Hear hear! That was absolutely fantastic.
    I hope he gives them hell They should send Tommy Sheridan over there with him - would make fabulous television (much like the Paxman election interview!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    i missed him speakin on the news, cn sum1 summarise wt he sed?
    i herd him refusin to talk to the thingummmy weekly and thot he was pretty good at speakin but apprently i missed a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Hunter)
    i missed him speakin on the news, cn sum1 summarise wt he sed?
    i herd him refusin to talk to the thingummmy weekly and thot he was pretty good at speakin but apprently i missed a lot
    In English?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.