The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Bismarck
Well there are a few members of the American Congress that I wouldn't mind seeing embarassed or worse in another country.

Good for you, however, I don't believe the American Senate should be throwing these accusations about in public!
Reply 21
Alcohol5%
In English?

can you summarise the basic points of what mr galloway said? pretty please?
Reply 22
Check the BBC website - it should have it
Reply 23
great- thanks
Reply 24
Alcohol5%
Good for you, however, I don't believe the American Senate should be throwing these accusations about in public!

Why not? If the accusations are true, then Galloway was violating international law. Seeing that America is a permanent member of the Security Council, it's only natural that its leaders want to investigate such violations.
Reply 25
Acaila
Hear hear! That was absolutely fantastic.
I hope he gives them hell :biggrin: They should send Tommy Sheridan over there with him - would make fabulous television (much like the Paxman election interview!)

Dont worry he will afterall we r with him:biggrin:
The americans bad phase has just begun they dont know this time they pointed finger on the wrong guy :biggrin:
Reply 26
Isn't anyone here a little bit suspicious of Galloway, I mean there was so much money flying around and stuff so maybe its not all saint galloway
Reply 27
esx77
Isn't anyone here a little bit suspicious of Galloway, I mean there was so much money flying around and stuff so maybe its not all saint galloway

but you have to give it to him for bein a great speaker like - he stroked the utter beef out of the senate apparently. he raked their bacon like there ws no tommorrow
Reply 28
Bismarck
Why not? If the accusations are true, then Galloway was violating international law. Seeing that America is a permanent member of the Security Council, it's only natural that its leaders want to investigate such violations.

If he WAS/IS violating international law then so be it, he deserves the consequences. However, the man is innocent until proven guilty and should not be named and shamed to the world whilst still innocent.
Reply 29
The Hunter
but you have to give it to him for bein a great speaker like - he stroked the utter beef out of the senate apparently. he raked their bacon like there ws no tommorrow

i still think he is a legend though
Reply 30
Alcohol5%
If he WAS/IS violating international law then so be it, he deserves the consequences. However, the man is innocent until proven guilty and should not be named and shamed to the world whilst still innocent.

By that logic, people should never be accused of committing crimes because they're not guilty of any crimes up to that point.
Reply 31
aye, true
his speech was good, but i think galloway is still rather suspect. despite what he may claim i doubt the american senate would publish his name without some evidence; and remember it's not the first time such claims have been made*

although these claims were denied, and the telegraph lost the libel case galloway brought against it.
Reply 33
I'm watching the clip now and I must admit he's doing a good job. But I still don't trust him, especially after reading some of the horrid things he's said in the Cambridge Union.
Reply 34
fishpaste
I'm watching the clip now and I must admit he's doing a good job. But I still don't trust him, especially after reading some of the horrid things he's said in the Cambridge Union.

what did he say in the cambridge union?
Reply 35
esx77
what did he say in the cambridge union?

I read he made some personal attacks on a girl who happened to be neutral to the debate taking place, I can't quote because I'll probably get the wording wrong and he'll probably sue me.
Reply 36
fishpaste
I read he made some personal attacks on a girl who happened to be neutral to the debate taking place, I can't quote because I'll probably get the wording wrong and he'll probably sue me.

LOL.
Reply 37
Bismarck
By that logic, people should never be accused of committing crimes because they're not guilty of any crimes up to that point.

Yes, but people always have there identies covered up, until the point they are found guilty! Has this happened with George Galloway? PAH! And this is on an international stage.

I can't understand why you don't see anything wrong with what the Senate Commitee has done!
Reply 38
Alcohol5%
Yes, but people always have there identies covered up, until the point they are found guilty! Has this happened with George Galloway? PAH! And this is on an international stage.

I can't understand why you don't see anything wrong with what the Senate Commitee has done!

What has it done? Everyone knew that Galloway's name was on the list of people who got bribes from Hussein. The Senate invited Galloway to speak. He willingly accepted the offer. No one forced him to say anything. He had the full right to refuse to answer any question. Tell me which of Galloway's rights the US Senate violated.

Latest

Trending

Trending