Turn on thread page Beta

American accusations against George Galloway (Respect) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    By that logic, people should never be accused of committing crimes because they're not guilty of any crimes up to that point.
    Don't be ridiculous and twist what hes saying.

Its like printing Micheal Jackson is guilty without him having had his trial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pski)
    Don't be ridiculous and twist what hes saying.

Its like printing Micheal Jackson is guilty without him having had his trial.
    Or accusing baseball players of using steroids despite them never been accused of that crime...oh wait, the Senate did that. Do you know what the Senate's responsibilities are? It's not a court. It only gathers information for its own enquiries. Those enquiries do not by themselves lead to the imprisonment of anyone. There is absolutely no reason why it can't accuse someone of committing a crime. We have something called free speech you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alcohol5%)
    some woman was nodding and smiling

Yes the one with the glasses...but the clip when Galloway was walking along the road whilst being interviewed and asked questions...that same woman with glasses (who was smiling and nodding right behind Galloway in the court) was walking behind Galloway then. Perhaps she's one of his representatives or something...or part of the Galloway posse!?

But he was good...again...i increasingly grow to like that man!

ReputationRep:
    Good for him.
    None of the Senates business really, especially if we consider what Galloway said about Donald Rumsfeld. Imo the Senate deserved every single word of that, for bringing about these allegations prematurely.
    haha the "mother of all smokescreens", absolutely!
    That performance was a pleasure to watch, as well as a triumph for democracy.

ReputationRep:
    What has it done? Everyone knew that Galloway's name was on the list of people who got bribes from Hussein. The Senate invited Galloway to speak. He willingly accepted the offer. No one forced him to say anything. He had the full right to refuse to answer any question. Tell me which of Galloway's rights the US Senate violated.

Ok, I can't believe that you still don't understand. If his name was on a list, it was one that was full of people suspected of taking bribes from Saddam, it hasn't been proven and therefore he has the right to keep his name covered.

If the police wanted to question me then they would ask me in private to come to an interview. Not accuse me via the world press and then call me to an interview via the press!

Just think about this man!

ReputationRep:
    Or accusing baseball players of using steroids despite them never been accused of that crime...oh wait, the Senate did that. Do you know what the Senate's responsibilities are? It's not a court. It only gathers information for its own enquiries. Those enquiries do not by themselves lead to the imprisonment of anyone. There is absolutely no reason why it can't accuse someone of committing a crime. We have something called free speech you know.
    However, now that they can't find anything on Galloway at the moment, they said that he might have been lying! Typical American accusation. But anyway, it seems they just want to get him one way or another. Kind of like the war with Iraq in the first place...

They first wanted to go in due to links to terroism (Al Qaeda), then WMD, then human rights issues, and now it seems oil! Which one is it? Make your mind up!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I can't believe that you still don't understand. If his name was on a list, it was one that was full of people suspected of taking bribes from Saddam, it hasn't been proven and therefore he has the right to keep his name covered.

Of the police wanted to question me then they would ask me in private to come to an interview. Not accuse me via the world press and then call me to an interview via the press!

Just think about this man!
    Freedom of the press. His name was already out in the open. The Senate did not expose him.

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of the press. His name was already out in the open. The Senate did not expose him.
    Not according to Galloway, but then I spose, like the Senate said, he is lying!

ReputationRep:
    Not according to Galloway, but then I spose, like the Senate said, he is lying!
    Galloway? Lie? Never. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no politicians never lie! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t112055.html

I set up a thread about it, with video included.

ReputationRep:
    whats all this about can someone please explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesome)
    whats all this about can someone please explain
    No .

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.