what are the lectures at uni like

Watch
This discussion is closed.
MurphysMoment.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Boring and you will honestly struggle to stay awake in some of the lectures; if you can; try to get the notes off the net.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know if some students don't realise or what, but most of our teachers put all their notes on the net, so there is no point in really copying it down.

We have one who I feel a bit sorry for, he is scared of the class, never tells them to be quiet or anything, and just talks louder if he thinks we are getting to loud. Nobody listens to what he says either because he has a really boring voice.

Adam
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
I don't know if some students don't realise or what, but most of our teachers put all their notes on the net, so there is no point in really copying it down.

We have one who I feel a bit sorry for, he is scared of the class, never tells them to be quiet or anything, and just talks louder if he thinks we are getting to loud. Nobody listens to what he says either because he has a really boring voice.

Adam
What course is that ?!

Not Strickland, Webster, or Biggins.

(Original post by byb3)
Lectures depend on your lecturer. Some I fall asleep in within 5 seconds, some keep me enthralled with the world of maths. Depends..
Let me take one guess at who keeps you enthralled...

Must be the one that used the most brilliant way of bringing up complex - the timelord 'i' Had me in stiches last Friday morning !
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
What course is that ?!

Not Strickland, Webster, or Biggins.

Let me take one guess at who keeps you enthralled...

Must be the one that used the most brilliant way of bringing up complex - the timelord 'i' Had me in stiches last Friday morning !
the guy who teaches pas153, so you wont know him.

Webster is pretty good at keeping me awake, so is Strickland as well but only because he speaks so frickin fast.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
the guy who teaches pas153, so you wont know him.

Webster is pretty good at keeping me awake, so is Strickland as well but only because he speaks so frickin fast.
Fair enough.

Strickland needs everyone in 101 to get him some Strepsils for Xmas, cos he cough is well getting on my nerves.

Ah well. Euclids & Diaphantine Equations to take another look over before next Friday. The joys :rolleyes:
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In my Maths lectures this term, we get told about famous physicists or mathematicians halfway through.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (141)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (46)
15.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (73)
23.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (31)
10.16%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.59%

Watched Threads