Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The original Game Boy Advance fits comfortably into the pocket of a backpack. The retooled Game Boy Advance SP fits into a coat pocket. Now Nintendo takes aim at the pocket of your tightest jeans with the tiny Game Boy Micro system, quite simply the smallest and sleekest Game Boy product that Nintendo has ever created. It’s thinner than a cell phone, as chic as an MP3 player and as fun as a Game Boy. In an instant it attracts attention and positions the image-conscious player as someone on the cutting edge of cool.

The sporty, silver metal Game Boy Micro measures a mere 4 inches wide, 2 inches tall and 0.7 inches deep, allowing it to sit comfortably alongside today’s hippest technological gadgets. It weighs an astonishing 2.8 ounces, or about the weight of 80 paper clips. Yet Game Boy Micro has the same processing power and plays the same games as Game Boy Advance SP models, complete with standard face controls and gleaming shoulder and Start/Select buttons that literally shine.

With Game Boy Micro, everyone plays with style. A removable face plate gives owners the option to buy replacements to customize the look of their systems again and again with new colors and designs. Most notably, its 2-inch backlit screen shines with incredible power, rendering games in startling clarity with fantastic colors on the best Game Boy screen ever. For the first time, users can adjust the brightness of the screen to adapt to indoor lights or outdoor sunshine.

"We're making the gorgeous Game Boy Micro for image-conscious folks who love video games, the ones who want the look of their system to be as cool as the games they play on it," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Because of its diminutive size and industrial-hip look, Game Boy Micro immediately identifies the person playing it as a trendsetter with discriminating style."

Game Boy Micro represents the latest evolution in the image of the Game Boy Advance line, but it is not a successor to any current system. Game Boy Micro will be released this fall. The system comes with a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery and supports standard headphones.

The Game Boy Advance line remains tied for the most popular video game system of this generation. More than 28 million units have sold in the United States, yet Game Boy Advance launched a full eight months after PlayStation 2. Video game fans clearly appreciate great game play and portability. Nearly 700 games are now available for Game Boy Advance.

Stay tuned right here for all news on Game Boy and Game Boy games!
    Its TINY!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    lol thats pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    WOW totally changes the way I think about gaming. Nice one Nintendo!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I might get one when they come out!

ReputationRep:
    its so small - looks nice

but i doubt i'll get one, i have a ds and sp already

ReputationRep:
    Saw this on E3 stream, looks well nifty!

If money allows, I might get one....hmm...I might wait until DS has some more games released.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the way they introduced it. The fact that we knew nothing about it was great.

ReputationRep:
    Really cute actually. Kinda reminds me of the old Nes control pads ( i think it was the nes, though the master system has something similar with the clunky square design, before anyone had heard of the word ergonomics).

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i can fit a gameboy SP in my pocket, so why would i want that.

seems a little pointless to me.

ReputationRep:
    I want one!

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's pointless. Don't get sucked into the fad, guys.

ReputationRep:
    ^ You sayin you won't get one if they're only say £30-40? I've already got an SP, but if it comes out at that price then yeah i'm gettin one.

ReputationRep:
    If it was £60 i'd get it

ReputationRep:
    If it was free, I'd think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    If it was £60 i'd get it
    seriously?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Then i'll buy a flash cart, then I have 512Mb of free GBA roms

ReputationRep:
    Nice, but nothing will take the place my Xbox has in my heart *logs off and runs downstairs to play Halo 2* :cool:

-Saruman, playing his Xbox and lovin' it

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.