Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi i wanna do a physio course and need 3 b's . at as i got really really crap and got 2 d's and a c through messin about too much. but im doin 3 resits in jan and im planning on working really hard this year. however ive been predicted d's because of last year so i will not get accepted by uni's even if i get ok grades. is the answer to this a gap year or choose another career?
    any1 else in similar situation
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by emmz)
    hi i wanna do a physio course and need 3 b's . at as i got really really crap and got 2 d's and a c through messin about too much. but im doin 3 resits in jan and im planning on working really hard this year. however ive been predicted d's because of last year so i will not get accepted by uni's even if i get ok grades. is the answer to this a gap year or choose another career?
    Have you considered a similar but less competitive subject - like occupational therapy, nursing or chiropody/podiatry? Even anotomy/physiology is often less competitive to get onto.

Work experience and enthusiasm are always considered more important than grades in highly vocational NHS courses even for the competetive ones like physiotherapy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Have you considered a similar but less competitive subject - like occupational therapy, nursing or chiropody/podiatry? Even anotomy/physiology is often less competitive to get onto.

Work experience and enthusiasm are always considered more important than grades in highly vocational NHS courses even for the competetive ones like physiotherapy

Yeah I agree, what Pencil Queen said is a really good idea. Also if you have a healthcare related degree some unis will let you do a shorter degree course for physio i think...

Another thing...have you applied for physio, because if your predicted grades prevent you from getting any offers - which I hope they don't and you still get good grades in the end then you could try clearning??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    Yeah I agree, what Pencil Queen said is a really good idea. Also if you have a healthcare related degree some unis will let you do a shorter degree course for physio i think...

Another thing...have you applied for physio, because if your predicted grades prevent you from getting any offers - which I hope they don't and you still get good grades in the end then you could try clearning??
    yeah ive not actually applied for physio yet though but the ucas forms have to be in shortly and im still undecided of whether to apply for sports which requires 3 c's or take a gap year and get experience while doing resits if needed

ReputationRep:
    Another thing...have you applied for physio, because if your predicted grades prevent you from getting any offers - which I hope they don't and you still get good grades in the end then you could try clearning??[/QUOTE]

Yes, i agree....during the clearing process some unis may accept slightly lower grades...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Yes, i agree....during the clearing process some unis may accept slightly lower grades...[/QUOTE]

no ive not applied yet coz theres just no point with estimated d's i was thinkin of takin a gap year to get experience while hoping that they'll accept c's lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    So if my minimum expected grade is E at as does this affect my chances?
    I'm confussed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    So if my minimum expected grade is E at as does this affect my chances?
    I'm confussed
    wot do u mean ure expected e

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.