The Student Room Group

man boobs

my mate has man boobs.
he's got a bf of 12%, six pack, muscles and he's been training almost as long as me.
you name the split and we've done it. dips/pec deck/ decline benches the lot and he trains HARD. Yet he can't seem to shift for the love of god the fat that covers his pectoral region. He's never juiced and says the problem developed naturally through puberty.

Any ideas? Does he need surgery?

Scroll to see replies

think so....
Reply 2
Its not going to budge. About 50% of men have this, it really depends how big his boobs are. Is it just small ones or does he need a bra?
Most men have some kind of boobs, but most are unnoticable. Unless its causing extreme psychological damage then just forget about it.
Reply 3
This is actually a fairly common condition in men, especially older men. However, for younger men that develop it, it can obviously be seen as more of a problem. The medical term for it is gynecomastia and is essentially an excessive development of the male mammary glands. Weight training will not resolve the problem. If your friend isn't willing to live with it, he should take a trip to his GP and they can advise what the options are. I do know some of them but am not going to speculate here because I am not a doctor.

Hope this helps.
Reply 4
cambridgemuscle
my mate has man boobs.
he's got a bf of 12%, six pack, muscles and he's been training almost as long as me.
you name the split and we've done it. dips/pec deck/ decline benches the lot and he trains HARD. Yet he can't seem to shift for the love of god the fat that covers his pectoral region. He's never juiced and says the problem developed naturally through puberty.

Any ideas? Does he need surgery?

Surgery is an option, and is generally the form of liposuction to remove the excess breast tissue. So it is keyhole surgery rather than major surgery.

However, they may be other less invasive treatments to try first, which is why you should speak to your GP about it.
Reply 5
NikNak
This is actually a fairly common condition in men, especially older men. However, for younger men that develop it, it can obviously be seen as more of a problem. The medical term for it is gynecomastia and is essentially an excessive development of the male mammary glands. Weight training will not resolve the problem. If your friend isn't willing to live with it, he should take a trip to his GP and they can advise what the options are. I do know some of them but am not going to speculate here because I am not a doctor.

Hope this helps.

i thought gyno only happened when you were shut down after a cycle.

big Jay
Reply 6
cambridgemuscle
i thought gyno only happened when you were shut down after a cycle.

big Jay

Gynecomastia is specifically excessive mammary development in men. They may be another similar term for what you refer to but I am not sure. :smile:
Reply 7
Hm.. moobs. :|
Reply 8
cambridgemuscle
my mate has man boobs.
lol! my mate finds man boobs rlly sexy!
Reply 9
Possibly gyne.. perhaps run rebound or nolv? - some have had results
NikNak
Gynecomastia is specifically excessive mammary development in men. They may be another similar term for what you refer to but I am not sure. :smile:

it could also be that he has kleinfelters syndrome.
Reply 11
foolfarian

googled that mate. its very rare and he's not at all feminine. i wouldn't know about his balls though. lol.
Reply 12
foolfarian

Isn't kleinfelters syndrome also associated with some element of retardation and learning difficulties? This along with the other symptoms would lead me to think that if he had this syndrome it would have been diagnosed at quite a young age, and hence he would be aware of it...
Reply 13
lessthanthree
So are you going to see the GP about it?

not my body is it? i'd probably check out the options tho.
Reply 14
Sounds like gyno to me too!
Reply 15
how big do man boobs need to be to be classified as man boobs?
Reply 16
just search gynecomastia on google
Reply 17
amo1
how big do man boobs need to be to be classified as man boobs?

Well basically, there is nothing dangerous about it, it's just an asthetic thing. If you are happy with the way you are then no need to worry. However, if they are rather large and causing you a problem then take a trip to your GP :smile:
There was a program about it on C4 a while back. Doesn't matter how much you diet etc. it's not fat; the tissue is actually being stimulated to grow as in a women.

It's called Gynaecomastia.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/generalhealth/menshealth/manboobs

useful link.
Reply 19
erk
Possibly gyne.. perhaps run rebound or nolv? - some have had results

whats tamoxifen gonna do. you only use that after a cycle as pct to stop gyno happening. once its already there???

rebound??? he doesn't need a test boost. can't see that this compound is gonna be of any real benefit.

Latest

Trending

Trending