Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    football vs rugby? No ****ging off guys, just interesting to see which is more popular...

ReputationRep:
    I'd put rugby league down, but I presume you mean union, which I'd say is probably slightly better than football, but is slightly skewed in favour of kicks too much IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    football vs rugby? No ****ging off guys, just interesting to see which is more popular...
    Rugby Union is the best..Rugby League is designed for girls like Jason Rosinson, matt Rogers etc. No comment on footbal cos words could not express how pants it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Rugby Union is the best..Rugby League is designed for girls like Jason Rosinson, matt Rogers etc. No comment on footbal cos words could not express how pants it is
    Scuse me...GIRLS like Jason Robinson?? The saint who scored our only try??! :mad:

I'm with you on the football point though...i make my bf mad cos he used to play professionally for Gillingham

ReputationRep:
    Scuse me...GIRLS like Jason Robinson?? The saint who scored our only try??! :mad:
    Clear run..all the work done by Dawson...he is a girl in Rugbu terms
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Football I've always found a bit :shrug:

I used to love watching rugby union with my dad - although I miss the days before the players were allowed to turn pro - it was much more charming to see the players introduced as bank managers or farmers.

ReputationRep:
    That was a good match for him but compared to the likes of Johson, Kay, Thompson, Greenwood, he is a girl

ReputationRep:
    Rugby league is designed for girls? At least Jason Robinson can score a try... Far more entertaining - you don't usually win a game no tries to three. Not that I dislike union, just prefer league. And we did one over on the Aussies, which might shut their Pommie bashing up for a day or so.

ReputationRep:
    it was not at all a hard run for him...all he had to do was catch it and put it down although admitedly he put himself in a good position

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Football I've always found a bit :shrug:

I used to love watching rugby union with my dad - although I miss the days before the players were allowed to turn pro - it was much more charming to see the players introduced as bank managers or farmers.
    That would have been quite something lol!

Blamps i agree about Dawson but Robinson played surprisingly well on Sat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    Rugby league is designed for girls? At least Jason Robinson can score a try... Far more entertaining - you don't usually win a game no tries to three. Not that I dislike union, just prefer league. And we did one over on the Aussies, which might shut their Pommie bashing up for a day or so.
    As i said, an easy try for him, which would have never been were it not for D'agllio and Dawson

ReputationRep:
    As i said, an easy try for him, which would have never been were it not for D'agllio and Dawson
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    That would have been quite something lol!

Blamps i agree about Dawson but Robinson played surprisingly well on Sat
    I can't really abide footie but league is ok, although I don't like the whole put the ball down, flick it back with your foot, back off when you make a tackle...just annoys me when I am playing League rules cos all you wanna do is charge at the player and you know

ReputationRep:
    *deleted post*

ReputationRep:
    I used to prefer football, but I guess I've kind of grown out of it now. I prefer Rugby (Union that is, League is S***e).
    Bath are going to win the Zurich Premiership.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to see all the rugby fans coming out of the woodwork now. Kinda like Chelsea fans. :rolleyes:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Interesting to see all the rugby fans coming out of the woodwork now. Kinda like Chelsea fans. :rolleyes:
    I would never claim to be a rugby fan - but asked if I prefer rugby or football then I've a fondness for rugby that isn't there for football.

I much prefer cricket to either though.

ReputationRep:

Cricket is mind-numbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Oi. I'll have you know that there are such things as long supporting hardcore chels fans. I'm going to the Sparta game tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    I would never claim to be a rugby fan - but asked if I prefer rugby or football then I've a fondness for rugby that isn't there for football.

Same here

And I used to be a Chelsea fan but have gone off them now they've tried to buy the premiership...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.