(Original post by Bigcnee)
Cricket is mind-numbing.
Really :eek: ? ****, I've been deluding myself all these years :rolleyes:
Toffee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I really don't think that this thread is a fair reflection on what most people think. Football is so much better than rugby in every way.

Watching rugby is like watching Tottenham... lets hoof it up the pitch guys and try and win a throw in!
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Toffee)
I really don't think that this thread is a fair reflection on what most people think. Football is so much better than rugby in every way.
Football is a game for girls.
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Football is a game for girls.
Rugby is a game for people who arent good enough to play football. Hence the 'goal' is made fifty times bigger and you have to run the ball over the line rather than kick it.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Rugby is a game for people who arent good enough to play football. Hence the 'goal' is made fifty times bigger and you have to run the ball over the line rather than kick it.
Football is a game for people who can't take any contact. Hence they winge when they are touched by an opposing player. Probably down to sexual abuse encountered as a child.
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Acid_Rain)
Same here

And I used to be a Chelsea fan but have gone off them now they've tried to buy the premiership...
Yeah I've felt the same way too for much of the time since RA took over. We had a nice little squad last season that was gradually improving...we had Frankie Lampard of course (did you know that he went to a footballing school and got 1 a*, 4a's, 4b's and a c at gcse! not bad for a world class footballer)...but hey...look on the bright side!
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Football is a game for people who can't take any contact. Hence they winge when they are touched by an opposing player. Probably down to sexual abuse encountered as a child.
Rugby is a game for people who have no skill, no finesse - you are all just a load of big oafs who see the try line and leg it towards it hoping not to get tackled (huh-tackled - call that tackling?). Hence rugby is a crap sport.

In the spirit of Maskall's amazing degree level maths thread...

Rugby = Football - Everything that is good about football.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Rugby is a game for people who have no skill, no finesse - you are all just a load of big oafs who see the try line and leg it towards it hoping not to get tackled (huh-tackled - call that tackling?). Hence rugby is a crap sport.
Define finesse. Very loose, vague statement.
MatthewWxm
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
I'm a massive football fan and that's just the way I've been brought up. I watch rugby league when it's on but union doesn't do much for me.

Strange, I thought the majority would say football when I read the thread title.

Cricket is a great game too.
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Define finesse. Very loose, vague statement.
Finesse: clever management, artfulness.

I think even a rugby enthusiast like you will understand which of these two definitions applys.

Rugby is not a sport. It is a glamourous version of british bulldog.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Finesse: clever management, artfulness.

I think even a rugby enthusiast like you will understand which of these two definitions applys.

Rugby is not a sport. It is a glamourous version of british bulldog.
Clever management? lol. Whatever.

Rugby has finesse when trying to penetrate the oppositions defence, and with timing of lineouts, kicking etc. I will not deny that football has finesse, but is ultimately 2-D and... well... boring to be honest.

You obviously have never watched a game of rugby or played it, and therefore don't understand what you are talking about.

Football is a glamourous version of kicking stuff.
Blamps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Rugby has finesse when trying to penetrate the oppositions defence, and with timing of lineouts, kicking etc. I will not deny that football has finesse, but is ultimately 2-D and... well... boring to be honest.

You obviously have never watched a game of rugby or played it, and therefore don't understand what you are talking about.

Ultimately Football is for the low life kevs of the world...lets hope the they don't infiltrate Rugby on the current World cup success
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

do you play Rugby bigcnee?
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
do you play Rugby bigcnee?
How dare you support him? I'll have you know that a kev I am not.

I have watched games of rugby...Often when I'm in prison (and i'm innocent by the why - my 'crimes' are not football/hooligan related) they take me down to the torture chambers where I am forced to watch and analyse a full game. However, sometimes the guards fall asleep (oh - i wonder why? The rugby maybe?) so I am free from the rugby until the next time.

You are all just jumping on the rugby bandwagon.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

I have watched games of rugby...Often when I'm in prison (and i'm innocent by the why - my 'crimes' are not football/hooligan related) they take me down to the torture chambers where I am forced to watch and analyse a full game. However, sometimes the guards fall asleep (oh - i wonder why? The rugby maybe?) so I am free from the rugby until the next time.

Well considering I have played Rugby since I was in year 5 and I am now in the upper sixth I think not
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Kev
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

What did you do wrong...pm if you want..sorry about the kev remark...it is only cos you like Football
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
Kev
Lol.

Yes I do. Forward - either prop or No.8
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I prefer Rugby League to football followed by Union.

So thats just to get things straight:

1. RL
2. Football
3. RU

Oh and before anyone gives me any **** about Rugby League being for puffs (yes, someone on here has said that to me) I offer an open invite if anyone wants to come play in a game.

I very much doubt that they will be saying the same thing after that!
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Here is my two cents. I used to be a rugby fan who followed football out of idle curiosity... until recently when I discovered watching a Newcastle v Leeds match is akin to going to watch a police line, difference being there were more criminals playing football. Football is a poor excuse for sport, it's money crazy. So few players have any loyalty for their teams mates, their teams. And very few clubs have any degree of loyalty to their players.

Rugby is such a breath of fresh air. You have players putting their bodies on the line, you would never see a rugby team threatening to go on strike due to a player missing a drugs test... mainly because a rugby player has an IQ which puts Rio to shame and wouldn't forget, but thats not the point. Loyalty, guts, bravery, courage, dedication. Words football could try and apply to itself slightly more. In about 5 years England rugby has gone from underachievers to World Champions... eg there is no team better. England football is a chronic embarrasment.

If, God forbid, England football make it to a World Cup Final you can bet that regardless of the outcome, some English football supporters complete lack of intelligence will mean there will be a lot of non-football headlines the following day.

I will not go to another football match. And I'll be a better person for it.

Sale Sharks till I die!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (4)
10.53%
Virtual campus tours/open days (7)
18.42%
Live streaming events (2)
5.26%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (3)
7.89%
A uni comparison tool (11)
28.95%
An in-person event when available (11)
28.95%