Parapsychology and the Paranormal Watch

This discussion is closed.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey, sorry to be a pain, but my thread on the social sciences section is being somewhat neglected In order to make this acceptable to GC, i will ask,

Do you believe in the paranormal - ghosts, telepathy, UFO's (aliens, not planes/birds which you cant identify :rolleyes: ) ??

On a side note, would it be possible to carry out an experiment to measure the clairvoyance of 1. Psychology students, 2. non psychology students and 3. control group? Btw, this would be for my A-level coursework, i just want to be a bit more imaginative, and not conform . Would the examining board allow it? :confused:
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
Hey, sorry to be a pain, but my thread on the social sciences section is being somewhat neglected In order to make this acceptable to GC, i will ask,

Do you believe in the paranormal - ghosts, telepathy, UFO's (aliens, not planes/birds which you cant identify :rolleyes: ) ??

On a side note, would it be possible to carry out an experiment to measure the clairvoyance of 1. Psychology students, 2. non psychology students and 3. control group? Btw, this would be for my A-level coursework, i just want to be a bit more imaginative, and not conform . Would the examining board allow it? :confused:
Hey, firstly, yes, i do sort of.

On your 'side note', it depends which board your doing i think. I did AQA spec B, and did a research project into precognition/remote viewing and differences based on a persons beliefs. It was on the syllabus, but i don't know what you are doing so i don't know. If it isn't named specifically, you could always pass it off as a test on attitudes and beliefs, which will almost certainly be allowed, but you have to be careful of the focus of your write up on it.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
ahhh k, thanks Illuv... err Eru :rolleyes:

Ill look into next year's syllabus then
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh yeah, here's something you might want to look at

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/stargate.htm
http://stargate.collection.free.fr/Elements/Search.php3

I found these really interesting.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed