The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

you have to be there around 5am in the morning to guarantee a seat
Reply 2
Are you being serious? :-O
make it 4AM though just to be certain.
Reply 4
Are you all being sarcastic? :-P Considering doors dont open til 1:15 :P Im getting worried incase your not :P
be there for 9 or ten lol,
If you want to be in for a great show and get the best seats, don't turn up at all. :awesome:
mike2niner4
Hey,

I got tickets for me and some friends to be in the audience on Sunday 5th in Manchester for X-Factor can't wait !! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I've heard that even though you've got tickets it doesn't mean u can have a seat. How early do you have to be there roughly to guarantee a seat?

Also, anybody whos done this or BGT in the past got anything to say about it?

Hi! it depends on the type of tickets you have. If they are priority then get there for about 12pm ( you are guaranteed a seat) . If it is just a general ticket I'm not too sure as I had priority. When I got there at 12pm there was a massive queue and about 200 or so people were turned away. I suggest getting there as early as possible, maybe 8am?
Reply 8
RachelOranges
Hi! it depends on the type of tickets you have. If they are priority then get there for about 12pm ( you are guaranteed a seat) . If it is just a general ticket I'm not too sure as I had priority. When I got there at 12pm there was a massive queue and about 200 or so people were turned away. I suggest getting there as early as possible, maybe 8am?

I have "Ticket Type: Normal".

Train arrives at 11 and we might be able to get there at 10:45 depending how quickly we get from the station to there (thats earliest train). Do you reckon we will be ok?
mike2niner4
I have "Ticket Type: Normal".

Train arrives at 11 and we might be able to get there at 10:45 depending how quickly we get from the station to there (thats earliest train). Do you reckon we will be ok?

I'm not really sure how early people got there with normal tickets. 10:45am shouldn't be too bad fingers crossed that you get in, there is nothing more frustrating then making the effort to get there just to be turned away, I guess it depends though, just aim to get there as early as possible ( ignore those people saying 4am thats just ridiculous).

Good Luck
Reply 10
RachelOranges
I'm not really sure how early people got there with normal tickets. 10:45am shouldn't be too bad fingers crossed that you get in, there is nothing more frustrating then making the effort to get there just to be turned away, I guess it depends though, just aim to get there as early as possible ( ignore those people saying 4am thats just ridiculous).

Good Luck

Thanks :smile: We're all amazingly excited would be an amazing experience :biggrin:
Reply 11
Early enough to egg Piers Morgan.
Reply 12
Wrong show :P
My friend was meant to see them last monday, they over booked by like a 1000 and after 5 hours waiting they were told to go home...
How annoying would that be?
Reply 14
mike2niner4
Thanks :smile: We're all amazingly excited would be an amazing experience :biggrin:

I hate to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt you will get in if you aren't turning up before 10am. With 200 people being turned away at the previous poster's show I'd recommend getting there for 8-9am.

Good luck anyway.
Reply 15
Well we can't get there earlier really so i'll just have to hope. If not we can just walk around Manchester for a bit :P
Reply 16
How does being in the audience for X-Factor work anyway?

I could be going mad, but I thought all the auditions were done privately, in front of the judges only?
Reply 17
Well for BGT people got there around 2 hours early, but that was for the tiny theatre in cardiff.

Arena-wise, I'd give it a lot longer. Can you turn up mega-early and then if it's deserted go get some coffee or something and come back a bit later?
Reply 18
Ascient
How does being in the audience for X-Factor work anyway?

I could be going mad, but I thought all the auditions were done privately, in front of the judges only?

That's what confused me too, but it seems they are changing the format this year to introduce a live audience: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a160112/x-factor-auditions-to-have-live-audience.html

I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Reply 19
I think we may be able to get there in car now. Im wondering what you do about food and things cause you cant take any in?

Latest