Just done the AQA Physics Practical Watch

This discussion is closed.
sahmed786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I just done the as physics prac. It was on resistance and resistrors. the planning exercise was on a rotating table with a slit through it, paint being sprayed through a slit etc. Can someone tell me what they put for the planning excersie, i.e what variable etc, and what they got for value of r1 on last question?
matt.forster
Report 13 years ago
i did that too, i varyed the distance between the can and the loop/disk thing, so that the drops slow down, such a dodgy plannig question though, who cares about how fast spray paint goes, apart from chavs maybe! i completely cocked up reading the ammeter, but when i got home, i worked it out to be about 43ohms.
sahmed786
Rep:
?
(Original post by matt.forster)
i did that too, i varyed the distance between the can and the loop/disk thing, so that the drops slow down, such a dodgy plannig question though, who cares about how fast spray paint goes, apart from chavs maybe! i completely cocked up reading the ammeter, but when i got home, i worked it out to be about 43ohms.
i changed the speed of the turntable, cuz it specifically mentioned the table had "variable speed", did you use speed = distance/time. and sub t wit other equation. also did you say you would plot a graph of;
(distance between can and drops x sT) against Pie D
matt.forster
Report 13 years ago
i swear i read it had a constant speed, but the speed of the loop is a more sensible idea since it limits the time that the slit is in line with the paint. i cant remember how i set up my graph. i dont think i scraped a c. oh well, il see what happens on the electricity written, since if i can get 100% in that, i may be able to pull off an a overall. What module did you do in january?
sahmed786
Rep:
?
(Original post by matt.forster)
i swear i read it had a constant speed, but the speed of the loop is a more sensible idea since it limits the time that the slit is in line with the paint. i cant remember how i set up my graph. i dont think i scraped a c. oh well, il see what happens on the electricity written, since if i can get 100% in that, i may be able to pull off an a overall. What module did you do in january?
i did the unit 2 in january, i managed to get 85 ums marks out of 90 on it. I thnk it was the easiest out of all of the modules. i think im gnna mess up unit 1 more than any. the fundametal particles nonsense isnt sinking in.

Oh btw the variable was the speed of the turntable, i just asked one of my friend whom took it in the second sitting.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (904)
79.93%
Leave (227)
20.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed