Turn on thread page Beta

which are better pets dogs or cats watch

ReputationRep:
    just as a borin discussion coz i made a bet wiv my friend that most of you would say dogs coz they are genarally better pets - well i think so

also to save makin a new thread does any1 else have the problem of having to revise with hearing the telly noise coz your parents wont turn it down.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in pets, but to answer the question. In my opinion, dogs because they are a domestic animal.

ReputationRep:
    Cats. Dogs are an emotionally shallow animal.

ReputationRep:
    cats are better, much better. research shows that cat owners are less stressed on average than dog owners...(i will find the source at some point)

and they are so much cuter

ReputationRep:
    I prefer cats (don't own either though)

ReputationRep:
    Cats are not cute, they are vicious things. They have evolved from big cats such as tigers and lions etc. and they still display these instincts in the every day tabby cat. Dogs merely evolved from wolves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    cats are better, much better. research shows that cat owners are less stressed on average than dog owners...(i will find the source at some point)

and they are so much cuter
    yeah but cats spend the day outside while dogs like to be with their owners. also dogs actually help out in the world by being guide dogs or whatever. what do cats do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Cats are not cute, they are vicious things. They have evolved from big cats such as tigers and lions etc. and they still display these instincts in the every day tabby cat. Dogs merely evolved from wolves.
    and wolves aren't nasty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    yeah but cats spend the day outside while dogs like to be with their owners. also dogs actually help out in the world by being guide dogs or whatever. what do cats do?
    reminds of a quote: dogs have owners, cats have servants

ReputationRep:
    Cats are selfish sly things but i'd much rather have a cat for it's cuteness and cleanliness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    and wolves aren't nasty?
    Trust me, i've never had a dog try and chase me and attack me. But i've had a cat try it, it was too slow though

ReputationRep:
    Cats are cute when they are kittens. But they make my eyes water and I start sneezing. Same with dogs. So I don't really like either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Cats are cute when they are kittens. But they make my eyes water and I start sneezing. Same with dogs. So I don't really like either.
    Yes. I forgot to mention that I'm allergic to them too!

Hmmmm, how about chicken instead?

ReputationRep:
    I really want to get a lemming...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I really want to get a lemming...
    Oooo!! and throw it off a cliff!!! Not to worry...there's a zillion others where THAT one came from.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Cats are nice
    Dogs are nice

ATM cats suit my lifestyle, well cat...one of my cats got run over last week , the other one has started imitating her now that she's gone (when he's not staring at the catflap)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yes. I forgot to mention that I'm allergic to them too!

Hmmmm, how about chicken instead?
    Don't start!!!

ReputationRep:
    personally i want a pet duck, and call it a really basic human name like dave or nigel. that would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    reminds of a quote: dogs have owners, cats have servants
    True

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Oooo!! and throw it off a cliff!!! Not to worry...there's a zillion others where THAT one came from.
    Actually, I wouldn't mind setting up a little ramp which it can hurl itself off without coming to harm... although having a line of lemmings hurling themelves of a cliff would be funny. Ok, starting to sound sadistic now, i'll just stop...

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.