C1 Watch

This discussion is closed.
DOJO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
...on monday, how are you people feeling?

I am looking forward to it.
Cortez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im retaking it. I got a C for P1 last year then when we changed to Cores i got a D (oh the shame) in C1 and no im retaking it and im not looking forward to it at all :/
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by DOJO)
...on monday, how are you people feeling?

I am looking forward to it.
Pretty good.
DOJO
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cortez)
im retaking it. I got a C for P1 last year then when we changed to Cores i got a D (oh the shame) in C1 and no im retaking it and im not looking forward to it at all :/
Yeah, I know what you mean. The problem with that paper it is so easy to make stupid mistakes with things like indicies :rolleyes:

You will be fine this time round.
**noooni**
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
why are you all looking forward to it? :confused:
i am dreading it! although its 'simple' i have a feeling i wil freak out and mess it up-- i tend to miss the obvoiuse when i am nervouse

i am looking forward to getting it over and done with tho :rolleyes: that will be a relief
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im retaking C2 on the same day! Im looking more forward to that one though, i did better in it in Jan.
DOJO
Rep:
?
(Original post by **noooni**)
why are you all looking forward to it? :confused:
i am dreading it! although its 'simple' i have a feeling i wil freak out and mess it up-- i tend to miss the obvoiuse when i am nervouse

i am looking forward to getting it over and done with tho :rolleyes: that will be a relief
From doing the harder AL modules (M1,M2,C3,C4), I have found that after doing harder modules, C1 becomes easier, as many of the skills used in C1 are consistantly used in the later modules, so without realising it, I am constantly reinforcing those skills. For that reason I am confident.

The only thing I am concerened about is if I make stupid mistakes , like put a plus sign instead of a minus. That can really mess up an equation.

I have done about 10 soloman papers for C1, and have found that I can get through half the paper in 15 minutes. I just hope I can do the same in the exam!
DOJO
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cortez)
im retaking C2 on the same day! Im looking more forward to that one though, i did better in it in Jan.
My C2 exam is not until next month. Good luck. What exam board are you sitting, is it OCR?
matt.forster
Report 13 years ago
i messed up on my C1 in january, it was a gcse error, i multiplied out a quadratic incorrectly, twice!, and even had the cheek to say, "is this question right?" on my script since it was the first time it was being sat, i thought it could be an error. there was also a question about k being a positive interger, and theanswer i got was root 4, so i put 2, and then when re-checking, i saw that i rooted, so stuck a + in front of it, lol!. Other than that i didnt do too bad at 94%
chats
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm looking foward to P1

P3 is a different matter though
DOJO
Rep:
?
(Original post by matt.forster)
i messed up on my C1 in january, it was a gcse error, i multiplied out a quadratic incorrectly, twice!, and even had the cheek to say, "is this question right?" on my script since it was the first time it was being sat, i thought it could be an error. there was also a question about k being a positive interger, and theanswer i got was root 4, so i put 2, and then when re-checking, i saw that i rooted, so stuck a + in front of it, lol!. Other than that i didnt do too bad at 94%
94% wow brillaint! Was the questions a completing the square type of question, becuase it sounds like one.
matt.forster
Report 13 years ago
erm, it might have been, the one involving k, was, and i had to use the b^2-4ac discriminant. it was January 2005 paper, http://www.mathsexams.ukteachers.com...1_2005_Jan.pdf . my advice to everyone, is relax, and read the question. also, if you can, dont stress before the exam, maybe do something that will cheer you up.
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by DOJO)
My C2 exam is not until next month. Good luck. What exam board are you sitting, is it OCR?
Yep its OCR.
SunGod87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Got 79 in January, hopefully I can pick up 90+ from this exam making C3 and C4 slightly easier for myself (not needing to get as many marks to get an A)
Feria
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, good luck, I found the same, enough of later modules and the earlier ones become easy.. although make sure you read the questions properly, it was that mistake I made on the last question last January for the C1... ended me up with 99% instead of 100%... which is what I got in the C2... shows how much doing later modules helps... since by the end of this year I will have done all pure modules Edexcel can shoot out at me.

Disclaimer: Edexcel does not ACTUALLY inforce killing ~ especially not before the exams.
chilin_dude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by matt.forster)
erm, it might have been, the one involving k, was, and i had to use the b^2-4ac discriminant. it was January 2005 paper, http://www.mathsexams.ukteachers.com...1_2005_Jan.pdf . my advice to everyone, is relax, and read the question. also, if you can, dont stress before the exam, maybe do something that will cheer you up.
Wow, thanks !!! I've been looking for that!
I'm dreading this exam, and don't see how you all find it so easy!
I did my maths GCSE a year early and did stats as an extra one and got 2 A's. But now in AS maths I'm failing badly and got an E, U in the mocks - I just seem to not be able to do any of it.
DOJO
Rep:
?
(Original post by Feria)
Well, good luck, I found the same, enough of later modules and the earlier ones become easy.. although make sure you read the questions properly, it was that mistake I made on the last question last January for the C1... ended me up with 99% instead of 100%... which is what I got in the C2... shows how much doing later modules helps... since by the end of this year I will have done all pure modules Edexcel can shoot out at me.

Disclaimer: Edexcel does not ACTUALLY inforce killing ~ especially not before the exams.
Do you have an exam strategy involving how you manage your time? I always tend to run out of time

(well in January I did)
theunforgiven
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well i m pretty confident about this exam on monday. dont know what u people are nervous bout. its practically like gcse maths. i hv done all the solomon papers and found it pretty easy. hopefully i can get a good mark on this paper to cover up for the bad mark tht i m bout to get in the c2 paper in june lol. well guys i wish u the best of luck for ur exams and hope you do well.
DOJO
Rep:
?
(Original post by theunforgiven)
well i m pretty confident about this exam on monday. dont know what u people are nervous bout. its practically like gcse maths. i hv done all the solomon papers and found it pretty easy. hopefully i can get a good mark on this paper to cover up for the bad mark tht i m bout to get in the c2 paper in june lol. well guys i wish u the best of luck for ur exams and hope you do well.
...because it is so "easy", that making stupid errors such as f'(x) differentiating when you see that symbol instead of integrating.
microwave69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it always goes rong on the day for me!! coz im doing further maths i need as much points as possible so im retaking C1 on mon and im gona get worse that i did in the first place!! (76)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?