P3 Jan compared with july/june Watch

This discussion is closed.
Magician
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hey, looking at the jan 05 P3 paper (and other january P3 in general), i felt it was harder than any june/july ones from the past. Is this because of the further maths people taking it January and so they have to make it more difficult?
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mathemagician)
hey, looking at the jan 05 P3 paper (and other january P3 in general), i felt it was harder than any june/july ones from the past. Is this because of the further maths people taking it January and so they have to make it more difficult?
I dont know if thats the reason, but the Nov/Jan series tends to be harder (grade boundaries lower)
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What's usually the number of raw marks needed for 80%, 70% etc?
For 80% on one past paper it was about 53/75 I think.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It all depends, I remember seeing one P3 paper and it was 43/75 for 80UMS
Then I saw another one and it was 61/75 for 80UMS
Chris87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anyone agree with me that the easiest P3 paper is June 2004? They're basically giving you most of the answers and all you need to do is prove it!
Magician
(Original post by Chris87)
Anyone agree with me that the easiest P3 paper is June 2004? They're basically giving you most of the answers and all you need to do is prove it!
yeah but the most tricky one is that of Jan 05.
smartguyhirz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh i agree wit u mathemagician. june papers are easier than jan. hope the one this monday is good.
david cool
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well I did the jan paper , soon after I found out there is new exam writers (for edexcel any way) and the papers they wrote are much harder then prevoius papers , an example of this is p4 paper in jan much harder then normal. So most of the papers for maths was a little harder than normal (not the new core ones tho). So after looking at the grades at jan i am sure they will make a little easy compared to jan 05
Gaz031
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wouldn't worry too much about the paper. If it's harder than usual they'll lower the raw mark grade boundaries whereas if it's easier they'll raise them. They have standardisation meetings after all the marking has taken place to decide on that sort of thing.
Magician
(Original post by Gaz031)
I wouldn't worry too much about the paper. If it's harder than usual they'll lower the raw mark grade boundaries whereas if it's easier they'll raise them. They have standardisation meetings after all the marking has taken place to decide on that sort of thing.
so abit like underground drug dealing?? :P
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1580)
79.32%
Leave (412)
20.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed