Hi!! I´m an Austrian fellow and I want to apply for PPE at Oxford University and `government and economics` at LSE.
I´ve read a lot on the official websites, so I know most of the details, but there are a few things which I couldn´t find out and I hope you guys can help me out.
1. Well, I found the official TSA-homepage and I spotted the examples of last years´ TSA-tests and the books about critical thinking. Does anybody have experience with the recommended books? And where can I get more examples to practise? How many words am I expected to write in the essay?
2. How are the chances to get an admission to Oxford? I mean I´ve acadamic ability, but if I think about Oxford, I would think about the brightest people in the world and therefor getting a place must be very hard.
3. Do you think, that the education in Oxford is worthwhile? I´m reffering to the tuition fees, because there would also be the opportunity to study political science in Austria for free.
Well, I´m keen on studying at Oxford because of the good reputation and the excellent level of education, but I have to take a loan from the government and if it´s not profitable I want to know it at first place.
4. I´ve read about what kind of students the admission tutors are looking for, but can you give some general advice. For example I´m interested in other sciences like mathematics or physics too. Would it be an advantage or disadvantage if I mention this aspect.
5. As my mother tongue is German, I would also appriciate your comments on my English. Well, I know that I have to improve it for the essay and for the interview, but i´d be interested in your opinion.
I know these are a lot of questions to talk about, but I would be grateful for every comment and help I can get.