Turn on thread page Beta

Are college people chavs? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Croydon college has chavs, kosavans, blacks (these two ethnic groups frequently punch/stab/shoot each other) and skaters!

ReputationRep:
    I am not having any discussion with you because you were soo mean to me :-(

ReputationRep:
    Awwww! No! Im in a really emotionally unstable mood at the moment! I need compassion, not hatred!
    What did I do? Im sorry! [ you were mean to me first! In the Wilson's thread!]

ReputationRep:
    But you were mean back...

...And I scar easily :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesome)
    are all the people that drop after GCSE level and go to college chavs even the people who dont go to uni and go to college after A level are they chavs?
    No. Where did you get that impression from?

ReputationRep:
    are all the people that drop after GCSE level and go to college chavs even the people who dont go to uni and go to college after A level are they chavs?
    Chavs are practically people who just leave school...they can't be a*sed to do f**k all really...they think that they will just doss around all day...

ReputationRep:
    Heck no!!!!! Many people who go to college and don't go uni are not chav's. Why would you even care??? I know many people who go to college to do NVQ courses, due to that path being the only one they could take to pursue their ideal careers- such as working with children, carpentry, etc. They are not "chavs", and quite frankly i wouldnt give a #### if they were. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to college, so I can't really comment, but I would imagine FE colleges have more chavs than sixth forms and sixth form colleges, just based on the generalisation that a lot of people who do crap in their GCSEs and have to do foundation/intermediate courses are chavs. That's all it is though- a generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I don't go to college, so I can't really comment, but I would imagine FE colleges have more chavs than sixth forms and sixth form colleges, just based on the generalisation that a lot of people who do crap in their GCSEs and have to do foundation/intermediate courses are chavs. That's all it is though- a generalisation.
    Indeed and, in my experience, an unfounded one. People do badly in their exams for a wide variety of reasons - poor home lives, illness etc.

And what about adults who are attending evening classes because they work during the day? Are they 'chavs' too?

Chavs are cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    Indeed and, in my experience, an unfounded one. People do badly in their exams for a wide variety of reasons - poor home lives, illness etc.

And what about adults who are attending evening classes because they work during the day? Are they 'chavs' too?
    Or because they're crap

ReputationRep:
    lol!!! whoever made up the meaning chavs is a f**king chav. So stoopid "chavs" are fond in burberry shops,footie matches and modern appranticeship programs, or u prob c a zilllllllion a day buzzing around on so called "mopeds" flipping hair dryer on wheels!!!
    I hate chavs, finkin der bad wit der 50p lucky bad fake gold chains

(Original post by mich2005)
    I hate chavs, finkin der bad wit der 50p lucky bad fake gold chains

how do you know that they are fake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagician)

how do you know that they are fake?

wel they look fake and cheap just wot chavs r

are you an expert on jewellery?? People cant be fake and cheap! (unless if they are robot-slave "people")

ReputationRep:
    Oioi! I reckon Gary and Kev saved up for years to get their own 50 Cent necklaces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    Or because they're crap
    Who are we talking about here?

The mature students, people who attend evening classes, people who fail GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    Who are we talking about here?

The mature students, people who attend evening classes, people who fail GCSEs?
    Maybe both, maybe neither

ReputationRep:
    I went to college got the highest grade for my AVCE in Manchester and I am doing well at university.

You know not everywhere has sixth form schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I went to college got the highest grade for my AVCE in Manchester and I am doing well at university.

You know not everywhere has sixth form schools.
    And Colleges of F.E. tend to serve their communities very well. (I don't see how that can be a negative thing).

I retook my maths GCSE at an evening class at an FE College simply b/c it didn't fit into the timetable in the 6th form college. I don't recall there being any 'chavs' there.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.