This discussion is closed.
Angel Lory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Awwww....thats so sad Can't you at least get one of those AOL free trial things so you can stay with us just a little bit longer?
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I dont know. I thnk the max we can get is T1 and T3. THats like 1mbit and 2mbit connections.
100Mbit courtesy of the university network
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
But you can you take advantage of the full speed though?
Max Plank
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
100Mbit courtesy of the university network
Yeah...It might be a 100MBit LAN connection but you wont get that speed on the net.

John
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Max Plank)
Yeah...It might be a 100MBit LAN connection but you wont get that speed on the net.

John
no, it's that speed netwise. theoretically. but it all depends on the speed of the server you are downloading stuff from, and how many other people are using it
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
no, it's that speed netwise. theoretically. but it all depends on the speed of the server you are downloading stuff from, and how many other people are using it
Like you, I'm hooked up to a 100Mbit university net connection. Works a treat...
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
My dad just passed on a message from my mum - from Dec 1st we will no longer have the internet because she can't afford the monthly bill and she is fed up of people not be able to get through when they try to.

So unless I get my own connection (highly unlikely unless you guys know of a cheap but good price for dial up - maybe evenings and weekends only), you will be saying bye bye to me.
i dont know if this has already been said, because i can't be bothered reading it all..but even working for one day can pay for a months internet -some isps are like £10 a month + no call charges.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Like you, I'm hooked up to a 100Mbit university net connection. Works a treat...
Don't know how big my uni network is, but when it works its pretty fast. Shame is this steam powered laptop can't keep up with it!!! Can't wait for my newer laptop to be mended!
a_musical_gay
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
No don't go!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.05%
No (514)
48.95%

Watched Threads