The Student Room Group

A Question for Muslim Girls...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
NGyano
so if dating is haram then are you supposed to marry someone by just seeing them? You need to date a person to see if they are the right one for you. Taking a risk by just marrying them because you are told they are "right" is not advisable, especially with the difficulty of divorce in Islam

Thats what engagement is for -_- ...you can always break it off if you dont like the dude!
Reply 41
well to be honest, as a Muslim you shouldn't be dating anyway. So from a religious perspective, if you are breaking the rules by dating, does it really matter who it is that you are breaking the rules for? If you feel uncomfortable with the fact that he's had sex before, then don't go for him. In my opinion, if you have no intention of marrying him, does it really matter if he's not a good Muslim?
Reply 42
not religious at all so i woudnt mind
RaJz92
Hell no! Muslim girls can only married to Muslim men according to the holy Quran. I know it is not fair, but did you know Muslim men can marry to Christian or Jewish girls?

Errm... source please?

The Qur'an says "Do not marry your women off to Al-Mushrikun".
Al-Mushrikun are polytheists, or people who associate divinity with God, worshipping stone idols etc.
Even men can't marry these people.

Although according to the Qur'an, a Muslim man or woman (who assumedly has not had sex before marriage) may only mrry people who also have not had sex before marriage.
NGyano
so if dating is haram then are you supposed to marry someone by just seeing them? You need to date a person to see if they are the right one for you. Taking a risk by just marrying them because you are told they are "right" is not advisable, especially with the difficulty of divorce in Islam

Dating *is* allowed in Islam, contrary to popular belief - but it is not dating in the traditional sense.
As in you can't be holding hands and kissing and having sex, and sitting alone together in the back seat of a cinema where nobody can see you etc. It is necessary to maintain chastity and modesty.

You can get to know each other though, talk to each other and meet up from beforehand (although preferably not in private).
navalist
Because muslims accept Jesus and Moses as a messenger. So when they marry to a chirstian or jewish girl, muslim men will have regard to their religious and the messengers.
But according to the christianity and jewish; our messenger Muhammed is not accepted. So when a muslim girl marries to a christ men, christ men will not accept her messenger and may hurt her.
In order to protect muslim women, it is not allowed to marry to a men who is not muslim.
So it is exactly fair.
regards,

He may hurt her because she believes in one extra messenger? :confused:

Where exactly in the Qur'an does it say that a Muslim woman may only marry Muslim men?
Circularmover
i just dont want girls to judge me over that one little thing...I was stupid...ive accepted what happened...i dont want to be depressed about it and i know i have to face God about it one day...but ive seriously been worried about in the future when im gonna have to tell the girl i love about what happened and it being awkward after. I mean...i dont even know how i would tell them.

Don't tell her/them? I mean how will she know if you have had sex or not (unless you have children obviously)? Your justified if you believe you should not have to pay for the mistake in not finding happiness again? More so why follow the religion if it doesn't make you happy, which it is clearly not by saying your depressed (directly/indirectly you choose)? You have many choices, and most of all free will so my advice would be to choose to do something about it :smile:.
Muslim men are only allowed to marry Jewish and Christian women of chastity, by the way.

In regards to the OP, if he had sex before beginning to practice or before converting to Islam, but sincerely regretted it afterwards, then no, I wouldn't judge him or have a problem with that. If he thought it was okay or still engaged in it, then I honestly wouldn't be interested in him at all. A girl who abstains and keeps herself for her future husband should be entitled to the same treatment.

I know that some cultures have the boys thinking it's okay for them to do whatever while the girls sit around virtuously, but in Islam it's all the same. The Quran states that fornicating men should only marry fornicating women.
vortex_199
Muslim men are only allowed to marry Jewish and Christian women of chastity, by the way.

In regards to the OP, if he had sex before beginning to practice or before converting to Islam, but sincerely regretted it afterwards, then no, I wouldn't judge him or have a problem with that. If he thought it was okay or still engaged in it, then I honestly wouldn't be interested in him at all. A girl who abstains and keeps herself for her future husband should be entitled to the same treatment.

I know that some cultures have the boys thinking it's okay for them to do whatever while the girls sit around virtuously, but in Islam it's all the same. The Quran states that fornicating men should only marry fornicating women.

So what if a girl muslim boy/girl has sex before marriage, but then regrets it afterwards and never does it again until he/she gets married? Do you go straight to hell anyway, even if you sincerely repent?

I wouldn't mind if my husband had sex before marriage but repented - and sincerely repented.

As for being circumsized, do muslim converts have to be circumsized after they convert? If they don't, then it's not a problem. Also, I expect most born muslim men would be circumsized.
Anonymous
So what if a girl muslim boy/girl has sex before marriage, but then regrets it afterwards and never does it again until he/she gets married? Do you go straight to hell anyway, even if you sincerely repent?

I wouldn't mind if my husband had sex before marriage but repented - and sincerely repented.

As for being circumsized, do muslim converts have to be circumsized after they convert? If they don't, then it's not a problem. Also, I expect most born muslim men would be circumsized.

I don't think that you read my post properly. If he sincerely regretted it, then of course nobody would have the right to look down on him. Some Muslim girls would write him off straight away, but I honestly wouldn't mind. Everyone makes mistakes at some point in life. Sincere repentance is accepted by God. Why would he go to hell?
Reply 50
tazarooni89
Dating *is* allowed in Islam, contrary to popular belief - but it is not dating in the traditional sense.
As in you can't be holding hands and kissing and having sex, and sitting alone together in the back seat of a cinema where nobody can see you etc. It is necessary to maintain chastity and modesty.

You can get to know each other though, talk to each other and meet up from beforehand (although preferably not in private).

Islamic Scholars
vortex_199
I don't think that you read my post properly. If he sincerely regretted it, then of course nobody would have the right to look down on him. Some Muslim girls would write him off straight away, but I honestly wouldn't mind. Everyone makes mistakes at some point in life. Sincere repentance is accepted by God. Why would he go to hell?

Yeah sorry I do completely agree. I just thought you go to hell for sure if you made the mistake of doing that.
It would be a little difficult though to tell your family or someone you wanna marry that you're not a virgin - even though you've repented. I reckon some people hold it against you, even if you're sorry about it.
Reply 52
Dubstepper
all bout muslims here. no1 wants to talk bout hindus 8-) lol

lets talk about them then :p:
Anonymous
Yeah sorry I do completely agree. I just thought you go to hell for sure if you made the mistake of doing that.
It would be a little difficult though to tell your family or someone you wanna marry that you're not a virgin - even though you've repented. I reckon some people hold it against you, even if you're sorry about it.

Which is pretty sad, seeing that you'd only be wanting to be honest with your future partner.
Reply 54
RaJz92
Hell no! Muslim girls can only married to Muslim men according to the holy Quran. I know it is not fair, but did you know Muslim men can marry to Christian or Jewish girls?

Yay!
Circularmover
i just dont want girls to judge me over that one little thing...I was stupid...ive accepted what happened...i dont want to be depressed about it and i know i have to face God about it one day...but ive seriously been worried about in the future when im gonna have to tell the girl i love about what happened and it being awkward after. I mean...i dont even know how i would tell them.

you know wat i really admire your courage to ask for advice. it seems u have realised wat uv done and u seem really worried about ur future nw. if i met a guy in ur position in many years time hu had the heart to ask for forgiveness from allah and repent then i wouldnt hold a grudge against the non-virgin thing. as long as he dd tell me this before hand. its all aboutt trust ryt. as girls im sure they have had the odd date and so before marrige.maybe not as far to loose their viginity. but as society is today its understandable wat stuff goes on. tbh ur a guy...im sure ull get away with it lmao!
Yes, of course, to the extent where I'd feel the need to castrate the sinning bastard.
Reply 57
Sishii
Yay!

Lol! I assume you are a christian person and are you fall in love with a Muslim guy?
Reply 58
RaJz92
Lol! I assume you are a christian person and are you fall in love with a Muslim guy?

Haha... kind of sort of thing lol
Anonymous

No - the only unforgivable sin, according to Islam, is associating partners in Allah's divinity, knowing full well that there is only one God, and that stone idols/dead people etc. can't help or harm you in any way.

How would you know if he sincerely repented though?

You'll find a lot of Muslim girls who are unwilling to marry people who have converted to Islam, or people who have had sex before marriage etc. for the reason that you can never really be sure whether the repentance is genuine. He could just be saying that to get you to marry him.

Although I'd say that as long as you personally are satisfied that the repentance is genuine, then it's fine, because it's your intention that counts.

Circumcision is not compulsory in Islam anyway - the Prophet did it for hygiene, and Muslims like to emulate him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending