The Student Room Group

Resitting Pharmacy modules

Hey, Im a 1st year student, just wanted to know how normal is it for you to resit 1 or more modules? ( i have 6 modules and had already passed 2)

Also what is the normal protocol for those that don't pass all there summer exams, would they make you resit the year or would they kick you out of uni?

I am just a bit worried that I could have messed up, and I want to know my options...

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Usually you are given one chance to resit and if you fail that you are thrown out but it varies at various places!
At my uni i think if you fail an exam you get another shot during resits, then i think if you fail your resit they hold you back a year to repeat the module and hopefully pass it then.
Reply 3
If you fail a module then you will get the chance to either resit the exam(s) or the coursework, depending which component made you fail that module. These resits can take place between August and September; differs for each uni. This is called a referral.

If you pass the referral then you will gain the credits for that module and be able to progress to the next year of your pharmacy degree. Be warned that no matter what mark you get in the referral the mark you awarded for that module may well be capped at 40%.

If you fail the referral then you will probably have to go talk to someone about your future at that school of pharmacy. If it was only one module you failed or you didn't fail by much then they may invite you back to resit that module next year. You will only sit that module all year, you will not progress to the next year and you most certainly won't collect £200. However, this is better than being thrown out. If, however, you fail more than one module or fail the resit by miles then they may not feel obliged to invite you back to resit it the following year.

The morale of this story is to make sure you pass the resits. You are likely to be revising for less modules than the original set so this should make it easier to cover all the necessary material.
Reply 4
Thanks a lot for your help.

One more question, If I fail pharmacy at one university, can I reapply to another?
Reply 5
petzneo
Thanks a lot for your help.

One more question, If I fail pharmacy at one university, can I reapply to another?

Well, you're certainly a fountain of optimism aren't you?

One negative question after another, here's some sound life advice: you're not gonna get anywhere with such a cynical attitude - FIX UP!
Reply 6
Leilah
Well, you're certainly a fountain of optimism aren't you?

One negative question after another, here's some sound life advice: you're not gonna get anywhere with such a cynical attitude - FIX UP!

Ok...are you trying to be another Renal?? Maybe you don't know who that is but no need to bite my head off...I just want to know my options, where is the harm in that?

I am working very hard to be ready for my retakes :wink:
Reply 7
I'm sure you've done fine, I thought I did pretty bad in my exams too and I mean believing I'd failed some however, it seems I did best in those that I had thought I had failed.
you can resit whatever you have failed, only once mind. If you fail the resit you have to leave the uni for a year a resit the following year. Thats the policy at my uni neway.
Im sure u will be fine!
Reply 9
petzneo
Ok...are you trying to be another Renal?
When was the last time you saw me encouraging positive thinking?
Reply 10
Renal
When was the last time you saw me encouraging positive thinking?

Hmm...that is true! I guess there will never be another renal :wink:
petzneo

if me the guy who went to 1 lecture for each module passed, u shud be fine!!
petzneo

hey so did you pass your exams. i was scared that i am going to fail but i got my results today and passed :biggrin:.

does anyone know what percentage do you have to get for 2:1 and 1st
Reply 13
ahmadjan3
hey so did you pass your exams. i was scared that i am going to fail but i got my results today and passed :biggrin:.

does anyone know what percentage do you have to get for 2:1 and 1st

Well done! I have no idea if I have passed or not :frown:

Don't get my results till the 17th July!

2:1 is 60% and 1st is 70%
stop worryin guys seriously. I thought i had failed, i was even savin money for resits. i got 63% av shows hw much i know!
Reply 15
gosh, I forgot how much do resits cost?
petzneo
gosh, I forgot how much do resits cost?

What? they charge for resits? :unsure:

and don't worry you will pass :smile:
Reply 17
ahmadjan3
What? they charge for resits? :unsure:

and don't worry you will pass :smile:

Lool, apparently they do! I hope I do, one retake would be great!
Reply 18
Hey, just thought Id tell you how I did...passed 2 AND 2 retakes!
petzneo
Hey, just thought Id tell you how I did...passed 2 AND 2 retakes!

oh petzneo...what modules did u fail?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending