Turn on thread page Beta

The "lets keep a_musical_gal online" appeal watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so we've had the Poppy Appeal, very shortly it will be time for Children In Need... so to tide us between these two how about we set up another appeal to keep a_musical_gal surfing!

If Virgin 24/7 access costs £12 a month, I reckon it would cost 12 of us just a quid a month... wonderful thing an A-level in maths. Or 24 of us 50p a month!

So... would you be willing to cough up? Seems from the thread in which a_musical_gal announced she would be leaving us, lots of people will be sad to see her go. But are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is?!

If you are, either post here or PM me!

PS I really am not taking the piss. Would be sad to see a_musical_gal leave us...

ReputationRep:
    virgin.net has gone up to £13.50 since i left

ReputationRep:
    um £12 a month is a pittance. she can do a few hours work and pay for it herself!

ReputationRep:
    you wanna get at my beer money???

ReputationRep:
    *empties coffers*

Nothing there

ReputationRep:
    ***looks in fridge***

***satisfied smile***

ReputationRep:
    Not to sound like I'm accusing yuo of anything amg, but hasn't this happened before around the time of the moonshine incident? you said yuo were getting your internet cut off and left in the process of creating a big scene about it, and it never happened. Have hopes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Ok so we've had the Poppy Appeal, very shortly it will be time for Children In Need... so to tide us between these two how about we set up another appeal to keep a_musical_gal surfing!

If Virgin 24/7 access costs £12 a month, I reckon it would cost 12 of us just a quid a month... wonderful thing an A-level in maths. Or 24 of us 50p a month!

So... would you be willing to cough up? Seems from the thread in which a_musical_gal announced she would be leaving us, lots of people will be sad to see her go. But are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is?!

If you are, either post here or PM me!

PS I really am not taking the piss. Would be sad to see a_musical_gal leave us...

lol. children in need was last friday....

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    lol. children in need was last friday....

love Katy ***
    Fair enough. You know what my point was tho. Seems no one wants to help!

ReputationRep:
    One of the problems she said her mother had was that she was tying up the telephone line. As the mother of three teenagers I know what it's like to have no-one getting through because they are incessantly on-line. But once we got Broadband that problem disappeared. It isn't expensive and you can install it in minutes. That might get her mother off her back, and she herself might end up like me, posting here!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthmother)
    One of the problems she said her mother had was that she was tying up the telephone line. As the mother of three teenagers I know what it's like to have no-one getting through because they are incessantly on-line. But once we got Broadband that problem disappeared. It isn't expensive and you can install it in minutes. That might get her mother off her back, and she herself might end up like me, posting here!!!
    should could try and trick her mother with some sort of introductory broadband offer, and make her sign up for 12 months without knowing. Could work...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Fair enough. You know what my point was tho. Seems no one wants to help!

no offence, but

amg has a job. i dont.
    amg lives at home. i dont.

amg doesnt have debts (being under 18 shes not allowed to). i have rediculas amounts of debts, and no way of paying them.

its not that i dont want to help,if i was a milionaire id give her some money and yes ill b sad to see her go. but if i cant finance my own life im sure not gonna give my money to anyone else.

love katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    no offence, but

amg has a job. i dont.
    amg lives at home. i dont.

amg doesnt have debts (being under 18 shes not allowed to). i have rediculas amounts of debts, and no way of paying them.

its not that i dont want to help,if i was a milionaire id give her some money and yes ill b sad to see her go. but if i cant finance my own life im sure not gonna give my money to anyone else.

love katy ***
    and why should we anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    and why should we anyway?
    no reason whatsoever. id rather give my money to a real charity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    no reason whatsoever. id rather give my money to a real charity
    like me?

ReputationRep:
    like me?
    hmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:
    don't worry, just made $72 in 40 mins.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, just made $72 in 40 mins.
    blimey, doing what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    blimey, doing what exactly?
    online poker, i'm over $1000 up over the last 5 weeks

ReputationRep:
    online poker, i'm over $1000 up over the last 5 weeks
    :confused:
    so is it actually possible to profit through such games? i thought you were statistically bound to lose in the long term?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.