This discussion is closed.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by edders)
:confused:
so is it actually possible to profit through such games? i thought you were statistically bound to lose in the long term?
If you play the odds all the time, against people who have a tendency to be irrational and go with their gut instincts then you will win if you play for any length of time.

There is at least one person I know of who plays poker for a few hours a day and that is how he lives and makes his money. There is no skill involved, it is possible to write a computer program which will always play the odds.
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by edders)
no reason whatsoever. id rather give my money to a real charity
Yes!!! :rolleyes:

No one read my post? I think amg just might be making a few things up for a bit of attention.
Tednol
Rep:
?
(Original post by ickle_katy)
no offence, but

amg has a job. i dont.
amg lives at home. i dont.

amg doesnt have debts (being under 18 shes not allowed to). i have rediculas amounts of debts, and no way of paying them.

its not that i dont want to help,if i was a milionaire id give her some money and yes ill b sad to see her go. but if i cant finance my own life im sure not gonna give my money to anyone else.

love katy ***
No offense taken.

I don't have a job, but £1 a month is less than I spend on serious non-essentials, like crisps.

I had debts, or rather I had the ability to go into debt before I turned 18. I had an account with an approved overdraft... granted it was a mistake with the bank but I could have been in debt before the age of 18.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
No offense taken.

I don't have a job, but £1 a month is less than I spend on serious non-essentials, like crisps.

I had debts, or rather I had the ability to go into debt before I turned 18. I had an account with an approved overdraft... granted it was a mistake with the bank but I could have been in debt before the age of 18.
Wouldn't you rather give that £1 to a starving child in ethiopia than a girl with all the luxuries and comforts of western life except for the internet?! Giving money to an "amg appeal" is downright ridiculous. I like her as much as the next person, but I won't give money to keep her on the forum as I'm sure no one else would either, even if they HAD some money.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
***satisfied smile***
How evil and grinch-like was that smile?
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I bet no one would do an appeal to keep me online
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Yes!!! :rolleyes:

No one read my post? I think amg just might be making a few things up for a bit of attention.
There's a lot of them about
Tednol
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blamps)
Even if they did, it would be no less successful than this one.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I would miss you ...ok ok maybe miss is too strong a word - i'd notice yuo were gone
Lotto
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
A £100,000 cheque is ready and waiting for a_musical_gal. Once she’s sent me her personal details, the cheque will be on its way.
Tednol
Rep:
?
Wouldn't you rather give that £1 to a starving child in ethiopia than a girl with all the luxuries and comforts of western life except for the internet?! Giving money to an "amg appeal" is downright ridiculous. I like her as much as the next person, but I won't give money to keep her on the forum as I'm sure no one else would either, even if they HAD some money.
I give £2 a month to the British Red Cross, and £2 a month to Cancer Research UK. This works out at a staggering 0.7% of my monthly income, and yes all my monthly income = increasing debt. I'm hardly starving up here in Manchester. £1 extra wouldn't have any impact whatsoever.

Yes granted keeping AMG online is hardly a godly, altruistic cause. But neither is me getting pissed regularly.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lotto)
A £100,000 cheque is ready and waiting for a_musical_gal. Once she’s sent me her personal details, the cheque will be on its way.
LOL!! Her personal details, like her credit card numbers etc... hehehe...

Love the avatar btw!
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
I give £2 a month to the British Red Cross, and £2 a month to Cancer Research UK. This works out at a staggering 0.7% of my monthly income, and yes all my monthly income = increasing debt. I'm hardly starving up here in Manchester. £1 extra wouldn't have any impact whatsoever.

Yes granted keeping AMG online is hardly a godly, altruistic cause. But neither is me getting pissed regularly.
Ahhhh I'm glad you give you so much to charity. Fair enough If it makes you happy, by all means donate - but don't expect great rewards from her.

*throws amg a coin!* Use it wisely my dear.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I would miss you ...ok ok maybe miss is too strong a word - i'd notice yuo were gone
I feel so needed
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I feel so needed
Don't llleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeave Blampsy!! I'll sell an organ on ebay to keep you here

Is that better?
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Don't llleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeave Blampsy!! I'll sell an organ on ebay to keep you here

Is that better?
Now I feel scared so I will leave
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Speaking of which, do you know how much you can get for a kidney.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Now I feel scared so I will leave
Oooops.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Speaking of which, do you know how much you can get for a kidney.
lol!! Hmmm...intrigued now...
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
last i remember somwhere in the region of £20,000. But i think you'll have trouble selling it in this country.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (486)
51.87%
No (451)
48.13%

Watched Threads