Turn on thread page Beta

I got my interview date for cambridge this morning, Im appling for education studies with drama and english, ne one got ne tips for interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlelucy)
    I got my interview date for cambridge this morning, Im appling for education studies with drama and english, ne one got ne tips for interviews?
    Lol "Education Studies".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Lol "Education Studies".
    What? Why 'lol'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Lol "Education Studies".
    You cant laugh, child ... youve only just finished ur GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    You cant laugh, child ... youve only just finished ur GCSEs
    Now that deserves a "lol". I hate it when people that have barely been through the higher education system, have the cheek to look down on those of us that have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Now that deserves a "lol". I hate it when people that have barely been through the higher education system, have the cheek to look down on those of us that have.
    I am perfectly entitled to laugh at other people's degree choices, or does the fact that I am only 16 preclude me from criticising you "oh so stuck up higher education gurus"? Are you somehow immune from criticism? No. So grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I am perfectly entitled to laugh at other people's degree choices
    True, it does make you look like a bit of a **** though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    True, it does make you look like a bit of a **** though.
    i agree with kildare, what kind of subject is education studies?lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I am perfectly entitled to laugh at other people's degree choices, or does the fact that I am only 16 preclude me from criticising you "oh so stuck up higher education gurus"? Are you somehow immune from criticism? No. So grow up.
    Your age does play a part in your arrogance, which, when you grow up, you will hopefully shake-off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by italianmark)
    i agree with kildare, what kind of subject is education studies?lol
    There is nothing wrong with doing education studies.

I think the amusement comes from the name of the course rather than its contents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    the fact that people are able to make degree choices in the first place precludes them from most criticism. it's difficult to get to uni and it's a massive achievement - only you won't know that yet.

so well done littlelucy - and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bo!Selecta)
    it's ****ing difficult to get to uni
    Maybe for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Maybe for you.
    Maybe for you too. You won't know until it gets to that stage. The fact that Lucy is even applying to somewhere like Cambridge says something about her achievements.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    The fact that Lucy is even applying to somewhere like Cambridge says something about her achievements.
    Notwithstanding the fact that almost anyone can apply to Cambridge, regardless of 'achievements' per se, and notwithstanding the fact that I did not at any point trivialise Lucy's achievements - whatever they may be - the simple fact that I am allowed to criticise other peoples' degree courses remains. I am sure that many of you would laugh at a Degree in "Wine Studies" or "Law with Furniture Textile Design", so do not impose your moral standards on me, thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bo!Selecta)
    You think Education Studies is unworthy - i happen to think your opinion is snobbish and uninformed.
    Education Studies is unworthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Besides, you are having a go at me for expressing my opinion; the way you have responded is not only unjust but also arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Besides, you are having a go at me for expressing my opinion; the way you have responded is not only unjust but also arrogant.

Sorry to butt in, but why is BoSelecta's argument any more unjust or arrogant than yours? Why do you think education studies is such a poor choice of degree? Would you rather this country didn't have any primary school teachers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Attached Images

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.