This discussion is closed.
littlelucy
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I got my interview date for cambridge this morning, Im appling for education studies with drama and english, ne one got ne tips for interviews?
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by littlelucy)
I got my interview date for cambridge this morning, Im appling for education studies with drama and english, ne one got ne tips for interviews?
Lol "Education Studies".
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Lol "Education Studies".
What? Why 'lol'?
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Lol "Education Studies".
You cant laugh, child ... youve only just finished ur GCSEs
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
You cant laugh, child ... youve only just finished ur GCSEs
Now that deserves a "lol". I hate it when people that have barely been through the higher education system, have the cheek to look down on those of us that have.
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Now that deserves a "lol". I hate it when people that have barely been through the higher education system, have the cheek to look down on those of us that have.
I am perfectly entitled to laugh at other people's degree choices, or does the fact that I am only 16 preclude me from criticising you "oh so stuck up higher education gurus"? Are you somehow immune from criticism? No. So grow up.
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
I am perfectly entitled to laugh at other people's degree choices
True, it does make you look like a bit of a **** though.
italianmark
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
True, it does make you look like a bit of a **** though.
i agree with kildare, what kind of subject is education studies?lol
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
I am perfectly entitled to laugh at other people's degree choices, or does the fact that I am only 16 preclude me from criticising you "oh so stuck up higher education gurus"? Are you somehow immune from criticism? No. So grow up.
Your age does play a part in your arrogance, which, when you grow up, you will hopefully shake-off.
chrisbphd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by italianmark)
i agree with kildare, what kind of subject is education studies?lol
There is nothing wrong with doing education studies.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I think the amusement comes from the name of the course rather than its contents.
Bo!Selecta
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
the fact that people are able to make degree choices in the first place precludes them from most criticism. it's difficult to get to uni and it's a massive achievement - only you won't know that yet.

so well done littlelucy - and good luck!
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bo!Selecta)
it's ****ing difficult to get to uni
Maybe for you.
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Maybe for you.
Maybe for you too. You won't know until it gets to that stage. The fact that Lucy is even applying to somewhere like Cambridge says something about her achievements.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
The fact that Lucy is even applying to somewhere like Cambridge says something about her achievements.
Notwithstanding the fact that almost anyone can apply to Cambridge, regardless of 'achievements' per se, and notwithstanding the fact that I did not at any point trivialise Lucy's achievements - whatever they may be - the simple fact that I am allowed to criticise other peoples' degree courses remains. I am sure that many of you would laugh at a Degree in "Wine Studies" or "Law with Furniture Textile Design", so do not impose your moral standards on me, thank you very much.
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bo!Selecta)
You think Education Studies is unworthy - i happen to think your opinion is snobbish and uninformed.
Education Studies is unworthy.
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Besides, you are having a go at me for expressing my opinion; the way you have responded is not only unjust but also arrogant.
Bo!Selecta
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
why?
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Besides, you are having a go at me for expressing my opinion; the way you have responded is not only unjust but also arrogant.

Sorry to butt in, but why is BoSelecta's argument any more unjust or arrogant than yours? Why do you think education studies is such a poor choice of degree? Would you rather this country didn't have any primary school teachers?
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Attached files
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (581)
49.96%
No (582)
50.04%

Watched Threads