Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i got a letter inviting me for interview at exeter college, oxford this morning. arrive no later than 2pm sunday 14 december it says... and they'll be interviewing me that afternoon?!? :confused: i dont know whether thats a good or a bad thing (time to settle in vs. diving straight in)

on the prereleased interview timetable it says no later than 8pm. maybe they interview post-alevel ppl earlier for some reason? suggestions?
    arrive early, you want time to settle in & have some spare time incase anything goes wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    arrive early, you want time to settle in & have some spare time incase anything goes wrong
    yeah i will... it was more of a question of whether im disadvantaged having my interview a few hours after i arrive.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Have they invited you to stay over the night after your interview?

If not they might realise that you're on a gap yr and so an extra day being interviewed is an extra days holiday and possibly a days less pay...or am I giving them too much credit for being considerate.

I'd imagine it's just whichever times fit into the timetable of the interviewers...maybe they've got the afternoon free and so picked out some straight forward "dead cert" interviews to be done earlier?

I can't imagine it would be a negative thing, and although it says no later than 2pm that doesn't mean you can't get there at 11-12 and have time to settle and grab some food before the interview.

Personally I get myself worked up over these sorts of things and end up waffling...I find diving straight in far more useful.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Or maybe one of the interviewers has a hot date that night so they've rescheduled the interviews around that

*trying to shake image of oxford physics professor on a hot date out of my head now*

ReputationRep:
    Hey. The issue is...you don't have to wait around and listen to people's stories and perhaps get nervous. Sure get there about 3 hours before, collect your thoughts...i am sure you will be fine. I am yet to receive an invitaton for an interview , any other people in my boat? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Have they invited you to stay over the night after your interview?

If not they might realise that you're on a gap yr and so an extra day being interviewed is an extra days holiday and possibly a days less pay...or am I giving them too much credit for being considerate.

I'd imagine it's just whichever times fit into the timetable of the interviewers...maybe they've got the afternoon free and so picked out some straight forward "dead cert" interviews to be done earlier?

I can't imagine it would be a negative thing, and although it says no later than 2pm that doesn't mean you can't get there at 11-12 and have time to settle and grab some food before the interview.

Personally I get myself worked up over these sorts of things and end up waffling...I find diving straight in far more useful.
    yeah they say i have to stay until at least 5pm tuesday. i like the way you always have novel explanations for things queenie i think ill try and get there for 11/1130 so i can have a good poke around the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Hey. The issue is...you don't have to wait around and listen to people's stories and perhaps get nervous. Sure get there about 3 hours before, collect your thoughts...i am sure you will be fine. I am yet to receive an invitaton for an interview , any other people in my boat? xx
    yeah i think youre probably right about listening to other peoples stories (as the roll off a list of GCSE grades/extracurricular crap :rolleyes: ) as something to be avoided beforehand, so perhaps it is a good thing having the interview early

i was suprised the invitation came today actually... i was expecting it a couple weeks from now, so dont worry about getting one.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think youre probably right about listening to other peoples stories (as the roll off a list of GCSE grades/extracurricular crap :rolleyes: ) as something to be avoided beforehand, so perhaps it is a good thing having the interview early

i was suprised the invitation came today actually... i was expecting it a couple weeks from now, so dont worry about getting one.
    how about just making up stories to your competition and scaring them shtless?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Just what I was thinking hehehe

They'll be grateful when they actually get into their own interview and find it isn't that bad

Honest

ReputationRep:
    Just what I was thinking hehehe

They'll be grateful when they actually get into their own interview and find it isn't that bad

Honest
    you've gotta come out of the interview crying and quivering, even if it went really well. It'll boost their confidence...

ReputationRep:
    rofl a cunning plan
    'ah yes well i took my gcses at the age of 13 and obtained 14 A* with 5 in the top highest grade in the country. im also a self-made millionaire through internet stock-market dabbling, and a personal friend of prince william...'

ReputationRep:
    rofl a cunning plan
    'ah yes well i took my gcses at the age of 13 and obtained 14 A* with 5 in the top highest grade in the country. im also a self-made millionaire through internet stock-market dabbling, and a personal friend of prince william...'
    and call the interviewers by their first names, or even better make up a nick name. Go: oh Bertie's alright, we have him and his wife over for Christmas most years. Has a problem with girls doing physics though (if to a girl).

ReputationRep:
    and call the interviewers by their first names, or even better make up a nick name. Go: oh Bertie's alright, we have him and his wife over for Christmas most years. Has a problem with girls doing physics though (if to a girl).
    hehe :d

ReputationRep:
    If we havent been invited for an interview yet.....does that mean we have been rejected....or is there still time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    If we havent been invited for an interview yet.....does that mean we have been rejected....or is there still time?
    You from doha, i lived muscat

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brasil85)
    Are you doing A levels
    yeah.....i am international....but i sent trinity an email saying that i will be available for interview if required.....doing 4A levels and done an AS already..

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha! That would be hilarious Is that how you got in?

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe one of the interviewers has a hot date that night so they've rescheduled the interviews around that

*trying to shake image of oxford physics professor on a hot date out of my head now*
    Oi!!!!

My new bloke is interviewing this year!!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.