The Student Room Group
feebs
Hiya!!
I just got invited to an interview at Leeds, and was wondering what the best way to get there from Manchester would be?
Car? Train?
And how long it'll take to get there?
Any thoughts?
Thanking you kindly!!!

Parking at most uni's is a nightmare - trains are much more relaxing...but it depends - where you planning to drive yourself of have a lift from a parent - in which case going alone on the train is always preferable.

Interviews are *dull* for parents and parents at interviews are annoying for applicants (I see them wondering round campus bickering at this time of yr - entertaining for me but not for them). If your parent/s are happy to bugger off and go shopping for the day while you spend time at the uni then it's ok...otherwise you might regret having them around.
Reply 2
Pencil Queen
Parking at most uni's is a nightmare - trains are much more relaxing...but it depends - where you planning to drive yourself of have a lift from a parent - in which case going alone on the train is always preferable.

Interviews are *dull* for parents and parents at interviews are annoying for applicants (I see them wondering round campus bickering at this time of yr - entertaining for me but not for them). If your parent/s are happy to bugger off and go shopping for the day while you spend time at the uni then it's ok...otherwise you might regret having them around.

Was gonna drive myself, hadn't even thought about the parking. Thanks.
feebs
Was gonna drive myself, hadn't even thought about the parking. Thanks.

It can be alright - depends if they've got a visitors carpark and they're willing to give you a permit (and if the carpark is anywhere near where your interview is). And looking at their website it seems to be quite straightforward.

Personally I would use the train...gives you the chance to chill and read through any books/projects you talked about in your personal statement (which are likely to come up at interview) and there is nothing worse than being stuck in traffic and knowing you're going to be late.

Either way it's worth contacting the department and asking if there is anyone to contact if you are running late...being batted round the switchboard when you're already stressed about being late is not fun.
Reply 4
Pencil Queen
It can be alright - depends if they've got a visitors carpark and they're willing to give you a permit (and if the carpark is anywhere near where your interview is). And looking at their website it seems to be quite straightforward.

Personally I would use the train...gives you the chance to chill and read through any books/projects you talked about in your personal statement (which are likely to come up at interview) and there is nothing worse than being stuck in traffic and knowing you're going to be late.

Either way it's worth contacting the department and asking if there is anyone to contact if you are running late...being batted round the switchboard when you're already stressed about being late is not fun.

Nice one,Thanka again!
Reply 5
Standard day return from Manchester to Leeds is £13.30 (without a Youngperson's railcard) on www.qjump.co.uk. The M62 is liable to snarl ups, especially on a weekday, so train is probably the best option.

Latest

Trending

Trending